PDA

View Full Version : Id hate to say it...

buffblackbird2002
07-09-2010, 05:45 PM
...but i think paintball has run its course in my life. Ever since i PCS'd to South Dakota i have played three times, and all speedball. I dont enjoy speedball, i love woodsball. I have picked up mountain biking, which is beyond available and far cheaper here. I still have my two spyders but i have pondered selling them. It saddens me to say this but its too true. maybe if i get stationed somewhere that has more places to play and more favorable weather throught the year, then maybe ill get back into it. I need some advice honestly, what do i do.? Thanks everybody.

Hossy
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
...but i think paintball has run its course in my life. Ever since i PCS'd to South Dakota i have played three times, and all speedball. I dont enjoy speedball, i love woodsball. I have picked up mountain biking, which is beyond available and far cheaper here. I still have my two spyders but i have pondered selling them. It saddens me to say this but its too true. maybe if i get stationed somewhere that has more places to play and more favorable weather throught the year, then maybe ill get back into it. I need some advice honestly, what do i do.? Thanks everybody.

It has happened to alot of us on here.
I hope you enjoy mountain biking. Not saying your out of shape (I have never seen you before) but Mountain Biking is rather healthy and it is alot of fun to do, which if you enjoy it 1) it can get you in really good shape 2) its something heathy to get your family into as well. Keep one of the guns so if you ever have the urge you can come back whenever if you ever have the chance!

xsvly-fat
07-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm in the same boat man. Last time I played was December and I just haven't had the time to play since then. I'm trying to pick up photography but I still love paintball. I'd keep one set up so you can play if you're given the chance and you don't have to rent gear or borrow it.

bamf-hacker
07-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Like the others said, it happens. Once life takes over it gets harder and harder to play. I guess in my case I will start playing a lot more in a few years when my son is old enough to play. Then the weekend kid activities will involve paintball.

Don't sell off all your gear cause you will get the bug again!

WhatThaSmurf
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I agree with Dan. Keep your stuff. I quit 3 years ago, and sold everything. Now I don't even have the money to get back into the sport, even though my love of playing has been revived.

DFSniper
07-09-2010, 10:42 PM
drive up to fargo, its all woodsball here. that being said, ive only played 2-3 times this year. cant fit it in my schedule/finances

TheDarkShadow
07-10-2010, 08:50 AM
i havent played in almost a year and I've come to terms that i may not play for a long time considering i'm poor college student and i have a hard time finding time and people or money to play with. I'm not going to sell my stuff just incase i get the urge.. i did have a dream 2 nights ago that made me want to get it back out and play with it

buffblackbird2002
07-10-2010, 09:37 AM
wow thanks guys, yeah i only have 2 markers (TL Plus and TL Xtra) but the Xtra is my wife's. but i think ill keep my stuff at the ready. the only thing i need to buy is disk brakes and head bearings for my second bike. i do enjoy mountain biking alot and have fixed up a bike for my wife and bought a trailer for the kiddo's. the love it too.

vikingshadow
07-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I haven't played in nearly two years, and really don't have the desire, though I kept all my guns. I haven't even looked at my guns since then...I do need to find something else to do though.

Funny thing is, the next time I play, people may think of my guns as classics, lol!

oldironmudder
07-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Im with everyone else here, do NOT sell all your gear. If you have to, sell just what you need to & keep the basic stuff. Some time down the road you might get the bug again to play a game or two or even get back into it alot more.

bigred76
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
I haven't played in a loooooooooooooooong time... still have all my ****, ready to go. The only things paintball that I eye these days are pants and goggles.

Ace24
07-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey man, I quit playing almost 2 years ago. Now I'm going to play for the first time today in PA for Invasion of Normandy.

To me, speedball has killed the sport. I think everyone needs to start over again in the woods :)

big_daddy_d
07-17-2010, 05:00 AM
I've made the decision to sell all my gear off twice in the past 5 years... Each time I keep coming back when I get the itch... Getting back into playing again when I return stateside in October and don't plan on selling my gear off again! Will have an unveiling of my setup in the near future!!!

oldironmudder
07-17-2010, 09:56 AM
I packed up everything, I mean EVERYTHING, even the BL banner, clothing and what not. Going to take a break & focus on something else. Within a week, I think 6 days, I was already back into one of the boxes.

conguero
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I just pulled out my two tippman pro-lites about 6 weeks ago after buying some 88g backup co2 and half a case of paint. didnt even have any oil for them and they fired up with no problem after sitting in the bag totally ignored for 15 years. Now I have 3 pro-lites, a model 98, 3 electric spyders, and a 50 pound refill station. I also infected 4 or 5 coworkers and we have had some smoking woodsball matches. please don't tell my wife how many markers i have and whatever your do, dont tell her that if the marker uses batteries, the hopper probably cost me almost as much as the gun!

you will be back when your young uns get older.

sir, airman blackbird reports as ordered................................

druid
09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I haven't played in almost 2 years due to various injuries and surgeries. That hiatus is about to end real soon :D

Clean and lube it all up and store it. You may come back to it.