PDA

View Full Version : Couple Upgrades Performed for YOU!

shunut
07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to let know I just installed a couple plug-ins to make your experience here better.

The first install is a product called Forum Runner. It makes the forum easier to view on mobile phones (forum runner is now updated and fully functional, unless Dan tells me otherwise).

The second, and I think the more important, is a embedded video plug-in. Now you can post videos on the forum from places like You Tube, Google Video, Yahoo Video, just remember that all forum rules still apply for any videos you post. All you have to do is post your video url and it will automatically recognize that is a video and embed it for you. To kick it off:

YouTube- spimmy_xvid.avi

Muddytaco
07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Very nice.....been waiting for video embedding update.

oldironmudder
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Nice upgrades!!

One question though, is that real or fake grass in the vid?

fatkidfrompbaz
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Nice updates

shunut
07-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice upgrades!!

One question though, is that real or fake grass in the vid?

Where do you see grass? All I see are weeds.

bamf-hacker
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
OK Forum Runner is up and running. If you have an iDevice (iPhone, iTouch, iPad) then you can install the Forum Runner app. There is a free basic version and a full featured pay version.

I lets you see the forums, post, see images, PM's, you name it. I use it exclusively on a few other forums and now that we have it set up here I will use it for SOC as well.

If any of you have questions about Forum Runner let me know.

DFSniper
07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, batt is at 17% or id give forum runner a whirl. Hooray for video embeds!

As small as this site is, the few of us that stick around appreciate all the work you guys continue to put into it.

bamf-hacker
07-08-2010, 05:52 PM
btw, in Forum Runner goto the search field and type Spyder Online Community.

Hit the button in the upper right and add the site as a favorite and it will show up on the main page.

xsvly-fat
07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Are those weeds real?

I've always loved that gun. If only it was 2k5'd...

Hossy
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Are those weeds real?

Im pretty sure it is now

bamf-hacker
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey I remember that video Shu :)

shunut
07-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Are those weeds real?

Im pretty sure it is now

Nope, not 2k5'd. It could be very easily but I've decided to leave it the way it is. It shoots great so why change it.

DFSniper
07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
i thought tim slapped a new frame on it?

bigred76
07-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Ran out of money before I could finish it, but the slot is milled in the bottom of the body to accommodate the 2k5/Alias style frames. Had my Alias frame on it for a while, but it clashed badly color-wise... Pewter/black fade frame, lol. Josh wants it as a 2k2, so that's how it'll stay. His gun, his choice... ;)

Now, if ForumRunner only worked for Android.... :dodgy:

Thanks for the video embed, Josh, that is a sleek feature we could really use! I like the box you've developed for the embed too.

bamf-hacker
07-09-2010, 02:47 AM
An Android Verizon is coming. The developers are working on it.

TheDarkShadow
07-09-2010, 05:24 AM
aweome!

WhatThaSmurf
07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Awesome updates. I may have to look into Forum Runner for the new site me and a couple friends are working on. It will be a nice feature to have. I'll probably plug it when we get closer to being done. As it is we have a domain reserved (but not purchased), and some concept ideas. Luckily my buddy is a graphic arts major and designs websites for a living.