PDA

View Full Version : Any one have a good LP MR2

rjwith
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello so I have an MR2 that started life W/O Eyes I have since upgraded to eyes, I have been wondering if it's possible to run a LP setup and what might be the best way to set one up for this marker.

dredison
07-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I have my MR2 modified as a Low Pressure marker, and it works really well. I used a CP inline regulator, because it fits nicely inside the shroud, so you don't need to modify it. The other key components is the new designz valve, I tried the 32 degrees magnaport valve, and in my experience the NewDesignz works better. The valve spring has to be modified, I used the spring from the maddman kit, enlongated it, and it works fine, no leaks, and minimal force required to open the valve. The main spring is the lightest from the 32 kit. I also added a braided line, and a RedZ grenade ASA because the stock one will not fit, as they are metric thereaded.

The advantages are a smoother operation, and less paintballs breaking. I have used my marker for four months without one ball breaking in the breech, and fewer balls broken in the barrell. The marker uses more air, because you need volume to compensate for the lower pressure.

rjwith
07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info....where can i find that aluminum eye cover my plastic one is cracking.

andover85
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
just so you know, don't expect that low of a pressure from your gun. I definitely suggest lowering the operating pressure of the gun. for those mods I would expect maybe in the 500-600 psi range for the op, witch is a substantial decrease from 800psi - 1000psi range depending on your air source. Getting the pressure lower than that requires a decent amount of modding.

dredison
07-21-2010, 07:29 AM
That's correct, it is working at about 530-550 psi, but it makes a difference.
As for the eye cover, I got it made by a machinist. It is quite easy to make one, they only have to cut the shape, and machine the groove for the eye. It does not have the pin, but the shroud keeps it in place. Before the aluminum cover, I broke three plastic covers, i think that they are very prone to break due to the force of the screw, and the air pressure from the detent hole. I say this because the second one that I broke, started to flap with every shot fired.

SundragonPPS
07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
..I have been wondering if it's possible to run a LP setup and what might be the best way to set one up for this marker.

Yes there is. There's a whole LP MR2 tutorial with options in my tech section as well as other MR and Spyder mods.

dredison
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes, I used Sundragon's tutorial to do my LP mod. It is very well written, and explicative. I am sorry that I missed to mention it.