PDA

View Full Version : Hpa Help (hp Or Lp?)

ppuma
03-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi,
I was reading through my manual and saw that my air is either to high or low. This causes my gun to recock. What is low pressure and high pressure and how do I change it.

BallerX
03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Whoa. I'm not sure if you know it or not - but you just asked several questions there.

First off - why do you say that your air pressure is either too high or too low? Blowback is what cause a Spyder marker to recock, and it won't take much to do that. So what problem are you having with recocking?

Second - High or Low pressure usually refers to the operating pressure of your marker. All but the seriously modded spyders are high pressure. Pressure is regulated through an inline regulator, allowing you adjust the amount of pressure that is entering your marker.

ppuma
03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
My gun kept getting uncocked...I read the manual and the first thing it says about it getting uncocked is''your pressure is too low or too high''

ppuma
03-20-2006, 06:57 AM
..heres the link to the manual
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/spyder_pilot.pdf

BallerX
03-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Your tank is full? The Pilot doesn't come stock with a regulator, so I don't see how your pressure could be too low or high... What do you mean by "Smart Parts Preset Adaptor"???

As far as the marker not recocking, check your striker, make sure the edge isn't worn where it should be catching on the sear. Check the sear for excessive wear as well...

ShadowX
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
the preset adapter is an on/off for tanks that screws on to the tank and then then screws into the guns ASA.

depending on the temperature, i bet you it is your co2, co2 is very unstable in very cold weather or very hot weather, it has to be a perfect 70 degrees for co2 not to give you a problem. and since you have a halo on your pilot, you are probably get around 15-16 bps, and that doesnt help with the co2 issue....

ppuma
03-20-2006, 11:04 AM
...I was using my friends HPA.

BallerX
03-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Was your friends HPA an HP or LP tank? HPA tanks come in Low and High Pressure varieties. High Pressure (preset at around 800psi) are what you would want for your Spyder. Low Pressure tanks are for higher end markers with much lower operating pressures.

Hob Hayward
03-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, if your friend is using a smart parts tank that has a regulator built into it, then that there'd be your problem. It being a smart parts reg it probably can't get up to the normal operating pressure of your spyder.

Just use a co2 tank, or get a preset 800psi output hpa tank.

BallerX
03-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Well dependent upon weather conditions - Co2 maybe a problem too.

Hob Hayward
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, but its alot cheaper. And seeing as hes bought a spyder... His money is probably a bit limited for pb? Thats just an inference however, Spyders are the best :)

Whats the temperature like where you live ppuma?

ppuma
03-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, in the summer average I would say around 18C. Im not sure in farenheit. But yea he does have an ion... Do you think it could have possibly been a little about the reballs..They're not quite as big as paintballs.

ppuma
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Your tank is full? The Pilot doesn't come stock with a regulator, so I don't see how your pressure could be too low or high... What do you mean by "Smart Parts Preset Adaptor"???

As far as the marker not recocking, check your striker, make sure the edge isn't worn where it should be catching on the sear. Check the sear for excessive wear as well...
...I check the striker and it's wearing..What does this mean(I think I need to lube it too)

Hob Hayward
03-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Lube it!

Any oil will work really, 3 in 1 oil various pb oils, its all the same really.

ooglieboogliebob
03-21-2006, 12:59 PM
actually ... it's not ... the synthetic oil (pboil) is better for the gun as other oil'll swell the o-rings on the gun ... only put paintball oil on it .. specifically made ... BTW the wear on the striker might make ur gun not be able to reckock .. since the sear can't grab the strikers well ... get a new one :) ... besides that ... the HPA tank should be high pressure most likely fixed at 850psi

ppuma
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
actually ... it's not ... the synthetic oil (pboil) is better for the gun as other oil'll swell the o-rings on the gun ... only put paintball oil on it .. specifically made ... BTW the wear on the striker might make ur gun not be able to reckock .. since the sear can't grab the strikers well ... get a new one :) ... besides that ... the HPA tank should be high pressure most likely fixed at 850psi
Get a new what? Sear?