PDA

View Full Version : guage port leaking

WhatThaSmurf
12-29-2005, 11:45 AM
i just got a bullet drop forward by dead-on products, and the guage port is leaking. i'm just wondering if there is anything to fix this, besides getting a guage, which i will do eventually. and before someone says it, i don't have any thread tape, nor do i know where to get any.

ooglieboogliebob
12-29-2005, 12:14 PM
umm .. well if you already have a gauge ... you needa put teflon tape around the fitting and then screw it in ... Teflon tape .. is .. plumbers tape .. you should find it in any home improvement stores .. like Lowes, Home Depot ... yeah :) ... without a gauge though .. im not really sure how to fix it ... unless you have a screw that can go into that port .. and put telfon around the screw .. which isn't a very great idea ... i'd just say get a new gauge :)

DexGtr
12-29-2005, 12:15 PM
sorry but the easiest way is to get teflon tape which you could get at walmart or home depot at the plumbing section for less than a dollar, besides if you get a new gauge you would still need tape unless you have loctite.

WhatThaSmurf
12-29-2005, 01:07 PM
well, i'm going to get a guage soon, so i might as well ask. what psi guage should i get for co2?

DFSniper
12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
umm, up to 1000psi. and whatever you do, DONT SCREW THE PLUG IN EVEN MORE! i did that to mine, and still havent gotten around to getting it out after the hex slot stripped...

spyderpaintball
12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Yes you will NEED teflon tape to get it to stop leaking. When you get the gauge one or two wraps around the theads will be plenty to get it to stop leaking.

ooglieboogliebob
12-29-2005, 02:34 PM
i'v heard a lot of problems with teflon tape though .. like pieces start chipping and get into the system ... if you don't have it get .. i suggest getting blue loctite or liquid teflon .. which are both pretty easy to remove since it's not as strong as other things ... like red loctite ...

spyderpaintball
12-29-2005, 02:47 PM
If you use the tape correctly there is no chance of it getting into the system. Blue loctite will not create an airtight seal so dont use that.

ooglieboogliebob
12-29-2005, 02:50 PM
yeah .. my tapes never gotten into the system for me ... but ... if you think about it .. a lot of people do have a bit of wacky problems ... I would just say .. w/e's most accessible for you ... but thats really not good to do in all occasions :P ... w/e works i guess ...

bamf-hacker
12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
loctite makes a thread sealer. It works great, but you need to make sure you let it set. About 30 min.

I use it and love it.

And tape wont get into the system, if you don't let it go past the bottom of the threads.

HacKeR

WhatThaSmurf
01-16-2006, 01:10 PM
wow, i really need to get that guage, the port is leaking worse than ever now. gassed it up today, and i could barely turn the on/off because it got so cold, and there was ice all over the port, so i need a temporary solution until i get my guage (tim you owe me a quick solution)

mg101153
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
teflon tape has saved me so many times, and lock-tite is not ment to be a air seal, just a glue to keep the screw from moving.

bigred76
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
:yeahthat: MG speaks the truth. For any air leak, use teflon. For feednecks and screws, use BLUE loctite. ;)

WhatThaSmurf
01-19-2006, 03:30 PM
all right got the port taped, gassed it up, WTF?! now that its not leaking, another part of it is!
it seems now that the little hole that the on/off uses to purge, well, keeps purging, even when i have the on/off screwed all the way down. this thing is pissing me of, i just got it not too long ago, never played with it yet, the guage port leaks right off the bat and now this!
i'm just going to send it back and get a new one unless this can be fixed easily

ShadowX
01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
you just need a new o-ring on your tank, if its the hole im thinking of, there is one on every ASA and if it leaks out of that hole, its your tank o-ring.

WhatThaSmurf
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
the hole is under the on/off (which is on the front of the asa), and when i gas up my imagine, the co2 sprays out from under the on/off, freezing it. but i just tried it with my other tank just to see, and it won't even let any gas out! i'm definitely about to break something...

bigred76
01-19-2006, 04:24 PM
It's the O-Ring, and you might want to oil your on/off....Just a couple (4-5 drops) in the ASA before screwing on your tank and shooting a few times without your barrel or hopper should do it.

WhatThaSmurf
01-19-2006, 04:39 PM
it leaks too fast, i'm just going to send it back and get a new one