PDA

View Full Version : Question about ACS bolt

THUNDR
06-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I've broken in my ACS bolt and it doesn't chop paint ever but sometimes it will not cycle fully - it will move forward but not recock; when this happens a ball does not fire but air comes out the barrel (dry fires). Then I have to recock the marker. Is this the design of the ACS bolt or is it supposed to continue cycling normally, just not fire if a ball isn't loaded correctly? Do I need to break it in more?

slim and shady
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Pm oldironmudder, knows alot about them sure he can help. He had a guide floating around here somplace.

DRAGON
06-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I've broken in my ACS bolt and it doesn't chop paint ever but sometimes it will not cycle fully - it will move forward but not recock; when this happens a ball does not fire but air comes out the barrel (dry fires). Then I have to recock the marker. Is this the design of the ACS bolt or is it supposed to continue cycling normally, just not fire if a ball isn't loaded correctly? Do I need to break it in more?

That's the whole phailtrain of the ACS bolt, it works but doesn't. It may not chop but the bolt won't fully cycle either so really, what's the sense of having it? It's like having a car with no tires, it'll start but won't take you anywhere hee hee - :D

So much for cutting corners to evade the cost of eye technology that actually works. You have to hand it to them though, at least they have the balls to try things others wouldn't -

THUNDR
06-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Well I'm ok with recocking it if it's not gonna break balls. Better to take a second and pull the lever than having it mess with every paintball that gets shot out and having to clean the chamber and barrel. I was just curious as to if that's the way it's supposed to work or not.

Thanks slim I'll talk to ironmudder

Hob Hayward
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Break it in more?

I guess it's mixed, my ACS worked flawlessly.. in the summer. In winter it chopped like crazy (I think due to shrinking delrin and thus poor seal)

THUNDR
06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Well by worked flawlessly do you mean if a ball was misfed would the bolt dry-fire, re-cycle, and then fire again properly without interuption? Or is the design of it to not chop but then you have to recock it?

slim and shady
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
I just dont think yours is broke in enough I had to leave mine for like 2 weeks then ended up cutting a tiny bit off

THUNDR
06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Alright I'll try it for another week lol

Hob Hayward
06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
or to go faster... stick a squeegee in your feed and go crazy! Though I guess that doesn't work if it doesn't recock after a misfeed.

I did mine manually, just pressed it in a tonnn of times while sitting around doing other things.

Tulwean
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
yea i ended up loose my cocking pin because it did that in the middle of a game. always walked around with an allen wrench after that. i broke mine in a lot more, need a peice of a t-shirt and stuck it down there then ran 2 full tanks though it. pissed off the neightbors but it worked great. then it got stolen.