PDA

View Full Version : I'll try it first!

WhatThaSmurf
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
So I've been thinking about getting back into paintball recently. Just a sudden burning desire to play again. Then, strangely, I have a discussion on another forum about paintball. Then, just a few days ago, a friend (who has also not played in a long time) asks me if I want to go next weekend. Of course I said yes.

Then I started to wonder, what gun will I buy. And I see this .50 cal revolution going on. SO I check Spyder, and sure enough there is a .50 cal Spyder. I check here, and I am surprised to see that there are not threads for this new marker.

So, I'm going to save up a little dough, and get myself an Advancer (which, btw, is misspelled twice on the forum, in the name of the forum itself and the "Welcome to" thread, nice on Shu). Might be a few weeks before I have the green, but once I get it I'll leave some feedback.

Also, bet you guys thought I was dead or something.

DFSniper
06-12-2010, 03:37 PM
you dont call, you dont write, you dont even get on AIM anymore... your mother and i were worried sick about you!

id say ditch the .50 cal hype and get something thats proven to work. good to see you back thoug.

WhatThaSmurf
06-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't know, I'm intrigued. I'll probably not go with the .50 cal, but I like the idea, and how much cheaper paint is and how much longer a tank lasts. Everything is just cheaper.

I'll try it, and if I don't get good results, I'll return it and get something else.

DFSniper
06-12-2010, 08:46 PM
paint isnt cheaper. a bag here of off-brand rainbow .50 is the same as a bag of marbalizers ($20)

WhatThaSmurf
06-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Well, then that just is a moot point. You cant convince me not to try this marker. The only thing that will convince me is if the local field won't allow .50 cal, which I doubt will happen.

DRAGON
06-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Gahead, get one. If you like it I'll get one too - :dodgy:

WhatThaSmurf
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks Drago, you always have my back....

slim and shady
06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
.50 arent as bad as everyone seems to think they are. we used one at our feild to try it out and I was impressed. Slight less range but I would bet most people couldnt tell the difference its so slight. The only real problem we encountered was when we went to the upper more wide open corses you could see the ball was more effected by the wind then the .68 but it was very windy that day. OUtside of that there wasnt much difference.

Sandman_Bravo
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
...so indoors and/or cqb it should shine? Paint price and quality are a major consideration though.

slim and shady
02-11-2011, 08:35 PM
our feild just swiched to .50 (for renters) and so far there is no complaints at all. Everyone likes them, they are lighter and more efficient.

vaipulu
03-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Just my opinion... I think the spyder 50 cal. is just making things a little cheaper to get back old paintballers, that went to airsoft because of how expensive it paintball was getting... and the fact that people wouldn't start paintballing because they thought it would hurt too much. like I said just my opinion I think ill pick on up for my wife or something.