PDA

View Full Version : Mr2 tigger solenoid sticking

Mike "ball dodger"
06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Alright here is another problem to solve.

My solenoid is sticking on my trigger system. If I open up the trigger housing and give it a push it starts working again. I have tried to lubricate it with some rem oil but that didn't do anything. The trigger system is working fine but the round part on the back of the solenoid sticks against the the back side of the grip housing?

Any ideas. I also tried backing out the screws on the grip and backing out the set screw on the trigger.

Didn't help

Mike

DRAGON
06-11-2010, 09:39 AM
....... I have tried to lubricate it with some rem oil but that didn't do anything..........

Amusingly, your fix is why it's sticking - :cool:

Remove it and wipe everything dry including the triggerframe. Using alcohol on some paper towel to clean with will help. In this case the oil creates a bond not a loosening agent - ;)

Mike "ball dodger"
06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I will try that but it was sticking before I lubricated it??

DRAGON
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I will try that but it was sticking before I lubricated it??

The noid gets dust and particles on it not to mention oil that's forced down into the trigger frame. The oil comes from a small pressure relief port in the bottom of the body. It's to purge excess pressure from the striker area in the bottom tube. The oil and/or particles can have a bonding affect on the noid hat that moves back and forth, hence your sticking prob -

Anyway, I had the exact same prob quite a few years ago and cleaning everything with alcohol and q-tips resolved it. You don't need to uplug the noid(coil set) from the board, just loosen the 2 set screws that hold it in at the top of the frame till it comes out. When putting it back you don't need to overtorque the set screws. Just tighten till snug. Clean it and the frame and see what happens -

slim and shady
06-11-2010, 03:40 PM
sounds to me more like the selinoid is not sticking as much as the throw on it is to far. Try slipping a shim behind it (the side that moves back and forth) and see if that solves your problem.

Mike "ball dodger"
06-18-2010, 06:59 AM
i will try that today

Mike "ball dodger"
06-23-2010, 07:50 AM
cleaned behind the solenoid and it worked fine all day.

thanks Dragon

mike

Tulwean
07-26-2010, 12:01 PM
i had the same problem on a pilot acs, cleaned the noid area with q tips and alcohol and it worked fine.