PDA

View Full Version : Spdyer 9.6v

ktap
05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Has anyone ever taken one apart? I just did for some custom work I'm doing. On one I'm about to resolder it, but there is one problem. I'm not sure if there was something special about one of the connections. Instead of the standard small metal strip it was a longer piece. The middle was wrapped in yellow plastic and had a code of some sort printed on it. Im not sure if it is a resistor or something similar, or if it is just another connection that is labeled because of the production process.

PyroTechno
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
you can take batteries apart and put them back together????

Hob Hayward
05-28-2010, 01:29 PM
A 9v battery is actually made up of several smaller cells, so it is possible, however not possible with most other types of batteries.

bigred76
05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
you can take batteries apart and put them back together????

Don't try it. They aren't made to be taken apart.

Hob Hayward
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Don't try it. They aren't made to be taken apart.

Haha good point tim, I forgot to mention that... You destroy the outside by taking it apart.

Also I've never taken apart a kingman 9.6 v, but I have taken apart regular 9v's to get the AAAA batteries out (they're nice and light and compact, and 1.5v, just like a AA or AAA).

I would guess the cells are all the same for the kingman battery but I'm not sure.

ktap
06-21-2010, 06:29 PM
actually, haven taken the battery apart now, i've learned that it is not like a regular 9v. No it does not contain 6 AAAAs, but instead 8 smaller cells in a kinds of 8pack form.

BTW the whole reason for this is i'm sick of how fat my Electra's grips are. So by rearranging the cells in the battery, I can make slimmer profile grips. Currently i'm looking for another board jumper so i can wire the battery directly to the board instead of having to use the 9v connector piece which is very bulky.

ktap
06-21-2010, 06:33 PM
hmmm, i just remembered about SPPS. So this project will be moving forward again.

Hob Hayward
06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I think the noid is the limiting factor in grip width. I spose you could make it slimmer lower down, but not where the noid is.

ktap
06-23-2010, 09:59 AM
The noid and the orientation of the 9v are the two limiting factors. However the noid is mostly out of the way, and actually will fit underneath a piece of hollowed out 1/8" lexan. The battery will not fit and its orientation makes the grips super blocky. Additionally the stock grips themselves are unnecessarily thick.