PDA

View Full Version : 2k5 Electra breaking balls

madd-doggy
03-19-2006, 04:28 PM
:confused: I have an '05 electra with an evo 2 hopper, new bolt from alamo city pb w/o-rings. I am constantly breaking balls in my barrel and hopper.

PLEASE HELP

ShadowX
03-19-2006, 05:08 PM
well, since you took your ACS bolt out it might be the problem....

see, the way that the electra shoots so much faster than other electro spyders, is because kingman took advantage of a little thing called bounce when designing it.

and see bounce is when the kick of the gun causes the gun to fire a next shot off. see, an egg will feed 15-16 BPS just fine, but what happens is when the electra bounces it does it so fast that the egg cannot react quick enough, resulting in chopped paint.

now, if you had the ACS bolt in it, the bolt would save you and you would not chop.

i had the same troubles with a spyder AMG i owned awhile back, but i put an ACS bolt in it, and NEVER had the problem again. it would still bounce, but nothing bad came out of it bonucing.

ShadowX
03-19-2006, 05:09 PM
also might want to check your paint to barrel match, make sure the balls are not too big, that will also cause breaks...

madd-doggy
03-19-2006, 05:25 PM
It's still an acs bolt it just has o-rings, plus I had the same problem w/ the old bolt and decided to try this new bolt as suggested by someone else. As far as paint i have used diablo's, monster balls, premiums,zaps, and buzz-balls all with the same result.

madd-doggy
03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a regulater and a z-board for my hopper on the way.

madd-doggy
03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I had the same problem w/ the old bolt and decided to try this new bolt as suggested by someone else. As far as paint i have used diablo's, monster balls, premiums,zaps, and buzz-balls all with the same result.

ooglieboogliebob
03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
just wear in the ACS bolt .. you should be able to read on it if you use the search ... many many posts on this

ShadowX
03-20-2006, 03:29 AM
It's still an acs bolt it just has o-rings, plus I had the same problem w/ the old bolt and decided to try this new bolt as suggested by someone else. As far as paint i have used diablo's, monster balls, premiums,zaps, and buzz-balls all with the same result.

sorry to brust your bubble, but kingman and JAM enterprises are the only companies that make ACS bolts.

you bolt (ACP) may be advertised as an "anti-chop bolt", but it has to have the spring mechanism in it to be a true ACS system.

most bolt manufactoruers say o, it recudes chops, but it doesnt at all, unless you have the spring mechanism inside of it..

understand...

madd-doggy
03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
That was my mistake it's not an acs bolt. I'm going to go back to the original bolt. Will my hopper be fast enough with the z-board. Thanks for all your comments

ShadowX
03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
yea for sure, infact, i wouldnt be surprised if it was fast enough with the y-board in it, but yea the z-board will diffenately do it.

madd-doggy
03-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I put the acs bolt back in, broke it in by shooting the marker w/ my squegee in the barrel. I also broke it in by hand a little. Shot close to 400 premium balls had 1 break, but i am getting alot of burps??????