PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Problem

sneekypete
05-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I can't seem to get the velocity to keep constant. The 1st issue I had this year was maybe the 2nd or 3rd time my kid used it this year and I could not get it to shoot under 300 fps so I changed to a lighter spring and that fixed it. I checked it after about an hour and was still fine. The next time he used it I could not get it to shoot more than 230 fps so I put the original spring back in and got it to 280. Again check it about an hour and still good. The next time it got used was shooting 230 fps again so I put in a heavier spring and that got it to 280. HELP :confused:

DRAGON
05-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Sounds like you're using Co2. Velocity inconsistencies will just happen. Try adding an antisiphon tube. Nuther thing is you need to lube things well after every day of play, especially so when using Co2 -

If not using Co2, have you tried using different tanks to see if they had the same results? -

sneekypete
05-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Gun is cleaned and lube after each play and it is hooked up to a remote line and the tank is straight up and down. I am using Co2 and I know that it is inconsistant shot to shot but did not think that it would be from day to day. Next time it happens I will hook up HPA and see what happens. It wont be for a while,:( just alot going on in my life and wont be able to play for about a month but thanks for your help

vikingshadow
05-15-2010, 02:01 PM
where there big temp fluctuations in the air temperature? That affects Co2 also - big time! I would say it's the Co2 doing it...

slim and shady
05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
With a remote you dont need an anti syphon. It does pretty well the same thing. Big temp swings could be an issue. Im not sure Hat will think about it though.