PDA

View Full Version : how exactly does response trigger work?

kramernator
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
I have never really used tippmann,, but my buddy wants to upgrade his gun a little, the response trigger is $30 cheaper than the e-trigger, plus no electric parts, everything is mechanical.
but what exactly does the response trigger do, i looked around and i found that: it uses the leftover air to push the trigger back to the initial position...so could you just hold the tirgger tightly and it would create a sort of bumpfire effect?

boom566
05-08-2010, 10:55 AM
i would think that the purpose of having air pushing it forward would be to prevent exactly that

boom566
05-08-2010, 10:57 AM
the response trigger shoots once when the trigger goes back and once when it comes forward, so basically two shots with each pull of the trigger. besides, the tippman is super easy to make full auto mechanically without using an e-trigger. just take it apart and figure it out it's easy

oldironmudder
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
The Tippmann response trigger is a small pneumatic cylinder that uses extra gas from the valve to push the trigger back. Personally I like it & makes shooting a 98 at speed easier.

extrabonez
05-08-2010, 10:04 PM
its exactly as mudder said, it is a piston that pushed the trigger back, but another thing is you can tune the pressure amount by a jewelers screwdriver so that you can sweetspot your trigger (hold it the right amount and it is a sort of full auto) its nice because never needing batteries, but takes a minute or two of tuning if you know what to do.

kramernator
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
alright, thanks guys