High Pressure New Designs Valve and Pin
Stock Spring
Stock Trigger
DogLeg Stock
HPA 72Ci 3000 pure energy regulated to 800-900 psi output

Question is...
1. Why go LP? Is it possible/worth it on an MR1
2. If i should go LP how do i do it?
3. If the tank is regulated what are the benefits of adding an inline Reg.
4. If the valve in the marker is HP does that work with going LP?
5. Male? Female? Inline? Palmers? there is too much info and i do not know which applies.
Thanks in advance.

shunut
05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
1. LP allows you to run at a lower pressure, therefore using less air (in most cases, you can go too far). If you are using less air, you will be able to shoot more paint out of a single fill. Is it possible/worth is, yes and thats up to you. It is possible to make your MR1 LP, you are actually pretty much there. Is it worth it, that depends on you. Do you think that your gun is an air hog? Do you think you are having to fill your gun way too much? Are you going to keep your MR1 for a while? You have to decide if spending more money on it is practical and logical, that will determine whether it is worth it or not.

2. Like I said above, you are almost there. Delrin striker and bolt are a good start. The New Designz valve helps too, more about that when I get to question 4. There are really only a couple more things I would suggest. First, a spring kit. They are pretty easy to find and run about $10. Ideally you would want a High Flow front block and Low Pressure Chamber with a Spyder, but MR1s don't have a front block and I'm not sure if you can add one. Lastly you will need a inline reg, more of that next.

3. Yes, even though the tank is regulated, you will still need an Inline Regulator if you decided to go LP, well, even if you don't I would still recommend it. Tank regulators typically put out 800-900 psi, far from low pressure and with most tank regs, you can't adjust this. With an inline regulator you can adjust your pressure and get you operating pressure way down, which will save air. We'll discuss brands on question 5.

4. The valve in your marker, the New Designz HP valve, is not a High Pressure valve, which is what I'm thinking you think it is. HP stands for High Performance, in this case. It is actually a pretty good valve, especially when we are talking about LP operation.

5. I'm not sure what regulator you need as far as male, female, adapters... as I have never had an MR1 (all my other information still applies because almost all spyders operate exactly the same). As far as brands, since you have HPA, the sky is the limit. Best brands, in my opinion, are AKALMP and Palmers, CP (Custom Products) is a close 3rd. Personally I think Planet Eclipse makes the best regulator, but they no longer sell it so the ones I mention before are best. There are lots of other regulators that you can use that will work, but if I can't get my hands on a Eclipse reg, those are the ones I would use.

I hope I have helped. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh

DFSniper
05-02-2010, 07:38 AM
female palmers would work the best on an mr1 (josh, its basically set up like a classic with the hose going into the body).

Darcman
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM
is the male the one that is set up vertical where my fake clip is sitting right now? also is i have seen people with another regulator (bottom line) (female i think) that is where the asa is on my mr1 under the grip. Is that necessary or overkill? also do i want a lighter or heavier spring.

shunut
05-02-2010, 09:05 PM
For the springs they come in a kit. They have light, medium and heavy (typically). Kind of have to play with them a bit to find the right combo. Since you have lightened up your bolt/striker combo quite a bit, I would start with a medium main spring and a light valve spring.

I've never seen a good bottom-line reg and there is no need for both a bottom-line and inline regulator.

Darcman
05-03-2010, 04:29 AM
doesn't palmer make both types? so when I am on their site it says direct stabilizer is that the one? it does not say whether it is bottom line or inline. is the inline the verticle (male) that would replace the fake clip. sorry for all of the questions but it is like 100 bucks.

shunut
05-03-2010, 04:54 AM
This is the one that you will want:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=152

DFSniper
05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
actually, if you wanted to keep the fake mag, you would want to get a female and a ring mount:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=175
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=197

Darcman
05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I actually have little interest of keeping the mag. I would rather have a more useful and comfortable foregrip which the stablizer would do right? also will I need an adapter to connect it to my marker. fyi I am using a remote with disconnect. would it be wise to bypass the asa and connect it right tio the stabilizer?

DFSniper
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
the reg will screw right into the body. and if you want, you can run the QD nipple out of the reg, it just depends on if the remote feels too short for you.