PDA

View Full Version : Speedball Tips

TheRedBarron
12-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Okay here it goes again, post your tips of the trade, no speedball vs. woodsball disputes, I will be adding my tips to the thread as it progresses, just figured I would help get us started again.

Santy
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
don't get tunnel vision, no matter where u are playing. (i have scars to show why you shouldn't)

vikingshadow
12-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Communicate 3 times louder than you think you already are.

Never bump up with an empty hopper (oweeee!!! Happened many times...)

Make sure someone has a timer on them before you step on the field.

Drill, drill, drill and when you have it down pat, drill some more!

STRETCH FIRST!!! Groin pulls hurt...

spyderpaintball
12-29-2005, 04:29 PM
The most impart part of the day is walking the feild. spend time on it and dont skip over it.

DyNasty9
12-29-2005, 07:28 PM
when your walking the feild find lanes and know the angles of the feild.
try not to go on the defensive, be agressive moving up, but know where the other teams players are on the feild. and the biggest thing COMMUNICATE.

schock
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
i say always try and be moving forward so you dont get bunkered and so you wont get cornered later on in the game

big_daddy_d
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
have your strategy decided on before you hit the field, cover your lanes and the players in front of you, try to hit the 50 or snake off the break, communicate loudly and consistently with your other players, keep track of how many opposing players are in the dead box, and let your team mates know as well...

TacTownKilla
06-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Shoot people in the face. Win. Go home.

big_daddy_d
06-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Shoot people in the face. Win. Go home.
An even better strategy!

pman15
06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Communicate 3 times louder than you think you already are.

Never bump up with an empty hopper (oweeee!!! Happened many times...)

Make sure someone has a timer on them before you step on the field.

Drill, drill, drill and when you have it down pat, drill some more!

STRETCH FIRST!!! Groin pulls hurt...

Definatley stretch first.when i played speedsball for my first time i didn't strecth.and guess what happens,i pulled my quad.lesson learned but i agree that strecthing is extrememly important.

TacTownKilla
06-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Definatley stretch first.when i played speedsball for my first time i didn't strecth.and guess what happens,i pulled my quad.lesson learned but i agree that strecthing is extrememly important.

although one big strech before even taking a jog will not fully loosen muscles. Lighty strech for 5-10 mins, then a couple small jogs with butt kickers, thigh slapers, etc, then go at it on the streches.

thechubbss12
06-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Learn how to slide correctly and Effectivly... if you think you are good at it practice some more... Get so good that you can shoot, slide then pop up and shot some more....

Learn the side baseball slide shooting with both left and right handed...

Practice face foward supermans (remeber your wrists are turned up so that you dont ground your barrel)... and remeber you gun is more important then you if you loose it you are worthless on that field....

ShadowX
06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Learn how to shoot Left AND Right handed.. I Ref every Saturday and I can not count how many times I see people get shot and they are shooting at the left tape, but they are shooting right handed.. Mostly people playing home-plate..