PDA

View Full Version : MR3 Modding Questions

Romolski
04-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Well here I am with a broke MR3, trying to restore it to working condition (electronic board is out, I believe, which leaves me up a creek) and I can't help but wonder if there is even possible to modify this thing past recognizable conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I loved this thing when it worked as it had a durable base construction, but the whole electronic deal turned me off quickly when it became a hassle and the eyes gave out. Is it possible to make this a purely mechanical marker or will computer chips be a must as long as I have it?

Other questions come to me concerning this goofy shroud they decided to slap on to it, and if there are replacements. Am I able to make this marker a milsim miracle or was it a waste of my investment?

Just about any input would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

slim and shady
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
as far as i know no mech frames fit the MR3 or 2. the shroud could be replaced with the MR2 shroud and grip.

smokinkillsiknow
04-22-2010, 12:47 AM
You can get replacement shroud just have to google for it. I think its like $15-20. Though I don't like it. I'm working on modding the thing for a magazine. Don't give up on her yet. You can also put the trinity ak47 expansion chamber mag on if you run co2

slim and shady
04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
you can put it on if you run HPA too, it just would be for cosmetics and not expanding.