PDA

View Full Version : Apex blowing paint

Flum
04-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey all! I got a question for you apex users. I just got my J & J elite barrel kit and J&J adaptor for the apex. Paint seems to be breaking in the Apex tip. I've never had this problem before?

I've had this apex for about 2 years and have had it on a J and J 12 inch barrel with the tape mod and it has never done this before. There's no visible chunks taken out of the tongue?

Awhile back I ordered a spare tongue for the apex and it noticeably alot smaller then the original tongue, anyone notice this?

Before it breaks paint it is super accurate, but as soon as the paint blows out at the apex the shots go all over the place.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

I searched in past threads about this problem and couldn't seem to fine one.

Thanks all!

slim and shady
04-17-2010, 07:05 PM
If the paddle isnt cut or ripped your paint to bore match probably isnt right. i would say that its a problem of the paint breaking in the barrel rather then in the apex. Try a different kind of paint.

Flum
04-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Hmmm.. I will try a different paint, but the bore and paint match perfectly. When I take the apex off it doesn't blow out paint. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

slim and shady
04-18-2010, 06:01 AM
are any gaps caused by the adaptor?

Flum
04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Nope! doesn't seem to be any gaps. I just gave in and bought a new Apex tip. I will see if there is a difference between the two/

slim and shady
04-21-2010, 03:39 PM
let us know.