View Full Version : Clamp Neck
04-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Where can I find one for the RS? Been looking and just not many options for the RS..
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
CCM ion threaded (NOT ion xe)
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
You could do the Ego feedneck mod if you are handy at all. If you are interested in this mod, let me know and I could take pictures for you.
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Please do.. I know this marker isn't the best nor worth much work but neither is wheeling an IFS truck if you know what I'm meaning..
04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Pictures first, explanation at the bottom:
1. Buy the feedneck, any Ego feedneck should work
2. Measure the inner diameter to the Ego feedneck, this is going to tell you where to cut. Calipers work best for transferring the measurement.
3. Find where on the Spyder feedneck that the outer diameter is the same as the inner diameter of the Ego feedneck and mark it.
4. Cut the top of the feedneck off slightly above the mark.
5. Here is where it really takes some time. Test fit the Ego feedneck over the Spyder feedneck stub. This may take some work with some files to get the Ego feedneck to fit.
6. Once it fits you are good to go.
As you can tell on mine, I cut about 1/16 - 1/8" above where the inner diameter of the Ego and out diameter of the Spyder feedneck were equal. This gives it a little bit more room to grip the feedneck. If for some reason it doesn't seem tight, you can get some orings or rubber hose to wrap around the Spyder feedneck. Mine fits nice and tight without any orings or hose.
04-17-2010, 06:21 PM