PDA

View Full Version : Problem with vs3 compressed are hookup

aplaw2005
03-30-2010, 05:39 AM
The other day I turned my gun on for the first time in about 3 years. after I screwed on the compressed air tank, and turned the valve on for the air to go into the hose, the air would just leak out of the emergency valve on the opposite side of then gun. I have already checked the "O" ring on the compressed air tank for suspected crack and I do not think that is the problem... any other suggestions?

swoosh81
03-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Sounds like the oring on the on/off knob was pinched. Turn the on/off knob as far clockwise as it will go. Take off the c- clip #ITP008 with needle nose pliers. Then turn the on/ off knob counter clockwise, it will keep spinning after you reach a certain point. Give it a slight tug and out it will come. It's probably o-ring #ORG018 but check both to verify. Take whichever one is bad off, put new one on from parts kit. Then take some dow 33 and put some on both orings. Now reassemble, chances are you turned the on/off to far and pinched the oring slightly. When I still had that reg on there I'd only turn it till it felt snug then I'd back it off 1/4 turn.
Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwxid_0TIs