PDA

View Full Version : Im guessing it's the solenoid..?

hudabom246
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Damn i havent been on here in a while. If any of you can remember, my mr2 has had a lot of problems in the past. not shooting, chopping, blah blah. So i gave up on it after a long time and too much money was spent with no positive outcome. I have recently been trying to get it running smoothly. i bought a tadao board for like $20 but i have the mr2 w/o eyes. i thought this would magically solve all my problems but no. it's like the gun cant shoot as fast as i can walk the trigger. since i have a brand new board, i think i have narrowed it down to either the solenoid or the battery. I have charged the battery several times but after about a minute of shooting the gun, it goes back to the same things. it's even worse when there's air in the gun. I can start slowly walking the trigger and it'll shoot halfway decently (missing a shot about 3 balls) and then it will just stop. I have the solenoid shimmed. i just dont know what else to do. i have a small amount of money to spend ($20-$30) so please try and keep your prescriptions in that price range. I also have access to the basic tools. no dremel, but i do have a nice drill and soldering tools. I'm leaving the future of this mr2 in your hands. Help me reunite with my baby

slim and shady
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
well I think it would help to better describe what it is actually doing. Is it uncocking, shooting fine then just wont shoot although it is cocked? I would look a getting a new battery though its sat for so long. It is also the cheeper route to try first. Better describe what its doing and we can go from there. Do you know what its chronoed at? If your spring is to tight it could cause it to not shoot to as there is to much pressure on the striker for the battery to supply enough power to trip it.

hudabom246
03-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Yep thats pretty much exactly whats happening. It will shoot alright for the first few shots but then its like i can out run it with my fingers and ill just be pulling the trigger. The solenoid isnt even clicking. then occasionally it will fire off a shot and go back to not shooting. what battery do you recommend?

slim and shady
03-08-2010, 08:15 PM
a rechargable 9.6 spyder or Java I personaly dont care what make.

Have you tried different thicknesses of shims behind the selinoid, or just the one? Is it clean and free of debrie? it has to be clean not full of oily dust.

hudabom246
03-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Yes just about every presidents face has been behind there. I took the solenoid out and wiped it down. Although the washer is slighlty bent. I'll try the battery. Thanks slim

viper91180
04-17-2010, 05:48 PM
this sounds exactly like what i was experiencing with my gun, tried all the shims i could tried everything, new batteries then i was told on here, i think by slim to replace the capacitor, and sure enough when i took it out and looked at it the bottom of it was swelled out, ordered a couple from a google search for abour 4 bucks soldered a new one into the board and the thing works like a charm now! just my experience

slim and shady
04-17-2010, 07:07 PM
There is a company though I cant remember it that will send them to you for free as a promotion I know the thread is on here someplace but I cant even remember what it was called or who posted it.

viper91180
04-18-2010, 04:17 AM
here is the link from my thread last year, mty appolagies it was bigred who suggested the cap not slim, alough he did help me out all through the process on the last page there is the info for a free cap, just an update though, i never did recieve my free caps, and my pc crashed so i lost the tracking number that they provided but it maybe because im in canada, not sure.
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19954&page=3

slim and shady
04-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Mine arrived. :D

hudabom246
04-23-2010, 06:04 PM
sorry i havent replied. i ordered a new 9.6 batt and charged it for only like 30 minutes and it works amazingly. Also, i got 5 free caps from that company, but lost the suckers before i had a chance to solder one on. but now i just have a lot of extras in case anything should happen. thanks for the help guys