PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Camcorder --> computer

druid
03-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Ok. I've written to Samsung 4 times and they are absolutely NO help. They claim that there's "No installation CD"...that it's "plug and play" interfaced.

I went onto the Windows site and there too, it's marked as "no additional programs needed" - that it's a plug and play device that will be recognized by windows.

I'm using Windows XP on a system I had built for me.

I have a Samsung DVR Camcorder, model SC D363. It takes those mini digital video cassette tapes AND the mass storage [camera SD] cards.

I am using a Firewire to connect the camera hub to the computer via USB port.

When my little "switch" is on 'card'...I can pull pictures/video from the digital card. When the switch is on "tape"...the computer won't even recognize the device.

What I want...what I NEED...is to copy the video from the tapes to my computer and I can't do it. The machine[s] won't let me.

I'm trying to get my computer to recognize it in tape mode and it won't. They say it should come up and it doesn't.

What is wrong/what am I doing wrong?

shunut
03-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Have you tried opening Windows Media Player and tried to import the video? I have a Sony camcorder and it didn't need any software installed in order for me to pull the video off. I just went into WMP and imported it. I'm not sure what process you have taken but I don't think when I have mine plugged in that it shows up on my "My Computer" screen.

druid
03-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I figured it out. Took 3.5 hours to do but I ended up having to manually install the device through "system" in my control panel. I had to connect the device and have the system look for codecs and "find programs" on the web to make it work.

Got it though...thanks.

shunut
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Sometimes computers are funny like that. Glad you got it worked out.