PDA

View Full Version : Remote coil problem

interceptorMR2
02-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Hey so this morning I was cleaning up my gear, and when I went to put my remote coil away (32 degrees "heavy duty") I couldn't find the pin that goes inside (the depressor pin or something like that?) the valve. I eventually found it, but, of course, it wasn't in the valve like it was supposed to be. Later the coil worked just fine when I put it back in and connected up to a tank and my mr2, but that still should be a problem... right? The o-ring seems to be fine, there isn't any leaking or anything going on... yet anyways. Do I need to replace anything?

druid
02-28-2010, 01:46 PM
You post is a little hard to understand but as I read it...

if you've replaced the pin, installed it on the tank and marker...and it does not leak there...then there is no problem.

DRAGON
02-28-2010, 02:20 PM
You post is a little hard to understand but as I read it...

I was thinking the same thing -

If you had to for some reason replace it, you can use about any 1/8"NPT on/off BL ASA or UFA(universal fill adapter). Just screw the line into the port. If it has 2, block and seal one off w/a 1/8"NPT allen screw with Loctite -

interceptorMR2
02-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry guys, I don't really know what everything is called... My main concern was that it would be a safety hazard somehow, regardless of whether I was able to make it work or not. Just checking! Here's a picture if it even helps, the circled pin fell out and I wasn't sure if that would cause any problems in the future.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/CIMG0001.jpg

slim and shady
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
no it wont and its not a safty hazard at all. its supposed to be like that.

bigred76
03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
:yeahthat: Just make sure to clean off the oring since the pin fell out, and then lube it to ensure that you will never have to worry about it again.

druid
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
correct and correct.

UFA = Universal Fill Adapter = the thing you screw onto the tank valve as a whole.

UFA knob = the gold knob you turn to depress the pin you are pointing to.

On other models, that pin goes in on the other side...under the UFA knob before you screw it in. That way it doesn't fall out when you remove the UFA from the bottle.

interceptorMR2
03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I had no idea it was supposed to be like that, so when I saw it fall out I was a bit worried. Thanks a bunch for the help guys!