PDA

View Full Version : cockers

splater18
03-18-2006, 05:07 PM
I have heard it all over that autocockers a a pain in the a$$. my friend has one but never has any problems. although my uncle wants to thow his against a tree. can some please set the record straight.

colonel_moo
03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
it depends. if you are good at troubleshooting, cockers will be no problem for you. however, cockers can be troublesome if you dont know what you are doing. small timing issues can make you want to throw it against a tree. i remember when i had my cocker there was one time that i spent about 3 hours trying to fix it when i finally realized that the only thing wrong was front block was slightly crooked. small things like that can cause big problems.

they are pretty reliable guns if you know what you are doing though.

QAZ123
03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Buy a cocker tech dvd. There complicated if you don't know what you are doing. If you do though they are the best mech marker out there and still a competitive electro. Most the time it's mainly the three way that need's retimed if your tinkering with it. Only other time anything else need's timed is if you take it all apart.

JB.

Recon by Fire
03-18-2006, 06:37 PM
There is also some good web sources for cocker tech info; cockertech.com? I've had mine for a couple years and never had any trouble with. It has only been retimed once, and that is because I replaced the pnuematics with 2205's. If you leabe them alone, they don't break :) LOL

colonel_moo
03-18-2006, 06:38 PM
pfft, you dont need to buy any DVDs, just read up on it before you buy. make sure you know what timing is, and how to do it without having to play guess and check. know what adustments do what, and when you need to adjust them. know how the gun works, what every part does (which isnt that hard to do) and what you need to do to fix various problems. you can find all that information online.