PDA

View Full Version : need advice...

bgaris0503
02-11-2010, 01:15 PM
i used to have an mr1, pimped out, visually and perforamce. I ended up selling it around christmas time for the money. When i got my income tax check i went out and got a PHENOM...overrated. Anyway i realized it just isnt worth spending hundreds of dollars on a gun unless its an M-tac haha..Plus im a spyder guy, not a tippmann guy. So what i am getting at is i have been looking at the xtra and obviously the mr1. I dont love a gun with a vertical feed, but it doesnt bother me since i tilt my gun anyway. Just looking for opinions on what i should get and some good reasons why, thanks.

bigred76
02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
M-Tac is a way overpriced and hard to find Marq. Why get something that's $800 when the lighter, better looking version is $300?

Phenom is NOT a Tippmann at heart. It is an Automag, one of the best markers ever made.

Tilting your marker will not help it perform or help you play better.

The answer is simple: they are both base Spyders, and will perform as such. Get either one.

xsvly-fat
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
The M-Tac sucks. I honestly don't get why they were made. If you don't play speedball I really see no point in blowing alot of money on a marker. I would just get a lowend Spyder or something along that line. I like Tippmanns more then most Spyders but that's just my opinion.

TheDarkShadow
02-11-2010, 06:30 PM
personally I like vert feeders better because they feel more balanced to me. but if you wanted an MR1 I'd buy a used with upgrades already on it

bgaris0503
02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
lol i didnt say tilting my marker made my gun perform or me play better, its like habbit if im hiding behind a tree or soemthing to try and conceal the hopper, lol so anyway..and mtac is a legit gun, overpriced yea for sure but its for real. And so what this was really about i decided to go back with the mr1 and all the most important upgrades i could remember having on ym old one. total with everything ran me around 180ish.