PDA

View Full Version : Used MR-1 Help

mrmr1
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
First of all I am new to paintball and the equipment, so any help or direction on where to go next would be great. I bought a used Spyder MR1 from someone for $60 and I cannot get it to function correctly. I know it did work at one time, because I borrowed it for a day from the seller and it worked great.

It will shoot 1 to three balls, sounds like it goes ‘full auto’ - then chop one right where the ball get fed in. I took it apart, clean it, replaced all o-rings, lubed, and re-assembled according to the manual. I even replaced the little rubber ball detent thingy. I filled the tank to 3K psi and tested again thinking the 1K reading was lower than indicated; same issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Thoughts? These mech markers seem sooooo simple…. I must be missing something?

I looked at what documentation I could find, but I can't tell if the pressure regulator is adjustable or not...

ferret15
01-31-2010, 11:28 PM
no regulator, if you made sure your striker o-ring "red" is oiled up and you've put a dab of oil in the ASA then air up and shoot it a bunch. then idk? you must be overlooking something.

oldironmudder
02-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Is the tank a low or high output?

mrmr1
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I am not sure what pressure is what, but my tank is a 48cu 3,000 psi compressed air tank.

slim and shady
02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Sounds to me like you ahve a burr on the sear. It is not alowing the striker to catch on it when blew back. take the trigger frame off and file the sear slightly.

mrmr1
02-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Slim, thanks. I'll check that out tonight or tomorrow pm and report back.

I also bought a new bolt spring. i have had others tell me it is a common issue with well used guns. That is about the only doo-dad I have not replaced or inpsected yet.

slim and shady
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
it could be your spring too but I still would think the sear is more likley. you could even contac kingman for a replacment.

eletrokey
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Could it be the value body or the striker bolt?

mrmr1
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
K. Update. New correct spring in place, no el worko. Same problem.

Now I am thinking paint?!? could it be that simple. I am using the same stuff my son's Alpha Black feeds NP. The other kids rental guns also fed it no problem. Could this MR1 just be particular?

I have to make a decision. Either take this thing some where and pay some $ in labor and potentially $ in few parts - or - avoid the hassle and just get a new something and just go play....

I paid just $60 for the kit and I want to avoid putting that much more into it. At that point I could have had a new <insert name of any decent 120-140 mech marker>.

Any more ideas? or should I punt? :confused:

eletrokey - The valve body does not leak, and when the 1-3 balls go out the barel correctly, they go with authority. If the striker bold was 'bad' I would not know what to look for other than replace it ($).

slim and shady
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
did you file the sear?

mrmr1
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
I got frustrated, so I took it to someone in my area who works on Spyders. He gave me a $20-25 to look at it and determine problem.

I took him up on it because I just GOTTA know what could be wrong. He left a VM for me that it was fixed and the bill was $26 total. I am going to pick it up tomorrow, and once he tells me what was wrong, I'll post the answer here.

slim and shady
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
alright well let me know.

mrmr1
02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok... Here is the answer. It was something in the trigger. Something about a pin that holds the assembly together was loose. This caused the trigger to not reset firmly enough to engage, hence the 'full auto'. He tightened it up and the marker works great.

I guess I did not know what to look for - what is loose and what is not loose. Now I know!! A good learning experience.

Thanks all for the suggestions!!! :waytogo:

Note to AdminModerator (who sends messages but does not accept them): My PC is clean, I have a current version of McAfee AV and it runs on a corporate network of over 2,000 PCs. If I had a virus, people would be knocking on my office door.

slim and shady
02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah that has the same effect as a burr on the sear. Thought you would have noticed if your trigger frame was loose though :p

AdminModerator is spamming PM's read the threads the real administrators put up and you would know that we are having problem with spam PM's PM shunt and he will boot 'em