PDA

View Full Version : air leak valve? reg? help pls

dynastykiller08
01-27-2010, 05:45 AM
hi guys I have been having some problems with my MR2, i installed a dye hyper 2 reg and when gassed up it leaks like a mofo straight out the bottom relief hole/adjustment hole. now my plans are to just buy a new one (because i cant find a rebuild kit) < because i got it used and obviously broken on pbnation. anyways do you think this is the reg or could it be the valve? does anyone have a pic of how the valve should go in or maybe a detailed process of the install. does the trigger pin have to be removed when putting valve back in? which way does valve go in? and what way to face holes? thanks guys any help would be appreciated as i really dont want to sell this gun. :(

oldironmudder
01-27-2010, 07:54 AM
First thing, The Hyper 2 Manual (http://www.planet-paintball.eu/technik/handbuecher/dye/DYE_hyperreg2_manual.pdf). Open it, read it, print it, read it again & apply it.

Now if the regulator is leaking out the vent hole it will not be cause by the valve in the marker body.

In the manual, first page on the bottom "troubleshooting" it says for air venting out the hole, its a piston oring. If it leaks out the adjustment hole it could be the seat. What I would do is degas it, turn the adjustment screw to zero so no air will goto the gun. Screw in the tank & SLOWLY adjust the pressure up. If it starts to leak right away, call DYE & ask if they have seats. They should being a some what newer reg. Then get the correct orings & some lube & rebuild it.

dynastykiller08
01-27-2010, 09:21 AM
^^^ i have done this i have the manual thanks though and i have looked for rebuild parts and have found none that's why i am just getting a new regulator. I did the slow tank screw in and i cannot get it in without it leaking like crazy as i turn up the pressure it gets worse. and only reason i brought up the valve is because i removed it and didnt know if i reinstalled it correctly , if reg is turned up enough it leaks out barrel and reg and asa fitting(i have since tightened the asa and fitting though.

oldironmudder
01-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Looking at your sig, it says a rocket valve. It only goes in one way. Spring to the back.

dynastykiller08
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Sorry I did not clarify, I am talking about the stock valve only reason I took it out is to put the rocket valve in but I have since changed my mind because I didn't want to change more than one part at a time incase something went wrong (which it did lol) so I was putting the stock valve back in but can't remember which hole went to the front and which holes pointed where because there are like 3 of the on the valve body and does the trigger pin need removed to install it correctly OR lol should I just keep it out and go ahead with the rocket valve??? A lot of ?s but thanks for the help old...really appreciate it