PDA

View Full Version : Quirks

marvin-martian
01-21-2010, 08:52 AM
ITT we post some of our little quirks in our everyday lives, since I am sure we all have some. And if you don't, I am calling you boring and revoking your right to post.

For example, whenever I make eggs, I have a thing about making sure the remaining eggs in the carton are in symmetrical patterns. Once when a friend was over, this wasn't possible so what did I do? I made an extra egg just to keep the carton in balance.

And when I'm, stuck at a red light or something I tend to hold the clutch in and move my shifter around in different positions for a little bit. Nothing excessive, but it isn't unknown. Just as some idle movements. I do it more when I'm in a 'GGOOOOO!' mood...

I also have a thing about tapping/hitting things to the beat of the music I'm listening to.

So anyway...have at it!!

oldironmudder
01-21-2010, 09:58 AM
The eggs, Im the same way. I have from time to time given my dog an odd ball egg.

my pen(s), the one I pay bills with, write notes down, etc, goes on my keyboard. Just above the "F" keys. The backup pen goes between the "F" keys & top row of numbers.

Desk calculator, stapler, address stamper, leatherman, coaster, stamps, phone books & tabs from drink cans all have places on my desk. They have a little room to move but not much or else I wig out cause I cant find them.

Dont get me started with my tools or paintball stuff.

ferret15
01-21-2010, 12:26 PM
i try to avoid patterns.

slim and shady
01-21-2010, 12:30 PM
When I drink im constantly swishing the drink around in the cup. Not sure why theres no point to it but I do it.

shunut
01-22-2010, 04:16 AM
I have certain coffee cups that I can drink coffee out of, if none of those cups are clean, I have to wash one so that I can drink coffee.

I cannot charge something (i.e. laptop, cellphone), unless the battery is almost dead (typically the device has to tell me that it needs to be recharged) and once plugged in I can't unplug it in less that 8 hours.

I have a lot more, I'm very OCD.

Oh, I do the thing with eggs too. Actually, anything that I can make symmetrical, I do, and stuff that is not, drives me nuts.

extrabonez
01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
when i do anything, i try to make patterns. then with like addresses or numbers, i always try to find a math equation to help me remember stuff. like my friends locker combo is 2 10 30. so i always have to think like 2x5=10 10x3rd number = 30. the equation sometimes helps, other times with stuff it makes things worse.

shunut
01-22-2010, 06:54 PM
I found another one today, this will be the last one I share otherwise I think someone might want to have me committed. Light switches, when the light is off, should always be down. It doesn't matter if there are 2 switches that control the light, they should always be down. For me, if the switch is up and the light is off, I have to fix it. If there are 2 switches that control the light I will turn them on/off until they are both down, if for some reason I cannot make it so the lights are off and both switches are down, I will get a screwdriver and flip the entire light switch. I'll do the same thing if there is a light with a single switch and someone installed the switch wrong.

marvin-martian
01-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I like them both being down too, but wow...

ferret15
01-22-2010, 07:45 PM
OMG! thank you so much, that bugs the hell out of me that i will just turn on the light so switch is down walk away and pretend its off.

well, i count stoplights and try to memorize how long i need to wait a lights i go past often. I couldn't tell you any right now but i guarantee you i know when i need to go and sometimes even me even have light patterns down when i'm on the road.

paintballkid0206
01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
if i step on a crack with my left foot, i will have to step on another with my right foot, and vice versa.
in art, we have stools and large tables. most people, at the end of the day, put the chairs on the table upside-down. others put them on right-side up. i flip the right-side up ones over so they match the rest of the stools.
when walking in the halls with my girlfriend, i have to be on the right side. and when we hold hands, my hand has to be on top.
I have so many more, i just cant think right now...

xsvly-fat
01-22-2010, 08:41 PM
^ When I hold hands my pinky has to be on the outside. The TV or radio has to be on a multiple of 5. I'll probably think of more ha.

shunut
01-23-2010, 01:58 AM
^ When I hold hands my pinky has to be on the outside. The TV or radio has to be on a multiple of 5. I'll probably think of more ha.

Mine has to be on a multiple of 5 or 2, my GTI doesn't have numbers for the volume, just a bar, so I don't have to worry about it when I'm driving.

marvin-martian
01-23-2010, 07:40 AM
<3 GTIs. My brother has an 09, and everything on it just feels sssooooo smooth and responsive.

buffblackbird2002
01-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Wether or not driving a manual transmision, i have to have my hand on floor shifter (if equipped).Before i leave my desk at work, it has to be completely straight even though i know it will be used and messed up in the morning by another person. i have to have my pocket knife whenver i leave my house, most the time leaving more important things behind like IDs and cell phones. when i play XBox, the volume must be at 15. and just a physucal quirk, im right handed and right eye dominant, but I must shoot left handed.

xsvly-fat
01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Mine has to be on a multiple of 5 or 2, my GTI doesn't have numbers for the volume, just a bar, so I don't have to worry about it when I'm driving.

If my truck had numbers for the volume I would have crashed a long time ago... Haha.

marvin-martian
01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I have a thing with pillows. I just find it more comfortable to hold them if im sitting on the couch. If not, my arms are normally crossed appearing to be clutching something.

paintballkid0206
01-23-2010, 05:24 PM
before a leave any vehicle or building, i check my back-right pocket for my wallet, my left pocket for my iPod, and my right pocket for my phone/chap stick. each of them has to be in its designated pocket. i cannot have my iPod in my right pocket, or my phone in my left. and i will not leave my house without those 3 things.

xsvly-fat
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I have a thing with pillows. I just find it more comfortable to hold them if im sitting on the couch. If not, my arms are normally crossed appearing to be clutching something.

Oh! I just remembered another one. When I sleep I have to have one pillow for my head one for between my knees and then I hold on to another pillow haha.

extrabonez
01-24-2010, 07:22 AM
paintball kid's reminded me of another one. when im running on the sidewalk or walking, i have to step in between cracks, and i try to only touch the same square once when running, but when walking i have to only put my feet inside the squares, not on the cracks. oh and i see how many times each foot hits each square.

paintballkid0206
01-24-2010, 07:31 AM
my school has a pattern on the hallway floor. every, idk, 10 feet or so, there is a diamond. when i walk, i have to pace my steps so i step twice on each diamond, and thrice in between the diamonds :P

marvin-martian
01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
When I pee, I aim for the inside of the bowl (I know I know, not the water. the porcelain) to make it quieter.

xsvly-fat
01-24-2010, 11:15 AM
I do that at night when everyone's asleep so it's not as loud. In the day time I aim for the floor :dodgy:

paintballkid0206
01-24-2010, 01:59 PM
When I pee, I aim for the inside of the bowl (I know I know, not the water. the porcelain) to make it quieter.

haha, so do i. it all started when i was rly little. i was afraid of monsters, so i did that so it was quieter, the monsters obviously didnt hear me :)

Paintball Freak
01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
If I ever power down my paintball gun with the eyes off, I have to turn it back on and turn the eyes on, then power it back down again. haha

TheDarkShadow
01-26-2010, 08:28 AM
when I shave I have to shave the right side, the left side, then my upper lip and chin