PDA

View Full Version : Maddman Rocket Valve leaking??

jkbenn02
01-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I have tried to search for help on this before posting but I haven't really come up with anything yet. I just got my Rocket Valve today in the mail and I installed it. From the first time I aired the gun up it has been leaking. Is this normal (doesn't seem like it should be this way)? It only leaks when the gun is uncocked. Does this mean that the striker is pushing the valve pin in slightly and that I need to adjust the dwell or the SRP knob? I have screwed the srp in most of the way and also I filed it smooth (this was by trial and error, grinding a little at a time and reinstalling). But no matter how much I grind it down it still leaks the same. All of my o-rings are new and lubed and as I said-no leaks when cocked. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

fatkidfrompbaz
01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Do you have the Valve facing the right way. The big open should face the front and the small opening should face the striker.

jkbenn02
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I installed it according to the instructions on the manufacturer's website. The rocket valve has a pointed cup seal and it is facing forwards (in the direction the paintball would travel.

fatkidfrompbaz
01-15-2010, 07:24 PM
What is your marker setup?

EDIT: try tightening the plastic part on the valve

jkbenn02
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I have an Imagine with a PMI reg, trinity front block/LPC, Rocket valve, ACS bolt, stock striker, 32 degrees spring kit.

I have tried to tighten the plastic part but it doesnt help. If that was the case then it would leak when cocked too(i would think)

fatkidfrompbaz
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Is the cone misshaped