PDA

View Full Version : No Stock/Setup Help

AutoSpyder
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM
So I went to the field this weekend with some friends from work and found I need to re-think my setup for their style of play, which is more like speedball than woodsball. My stock was just in the way most of the time and my 20" JJ was sending balls flying in every direction even with a decent match with my Python System! I need a few pointers on what my options are as well as some welcomed feedback. 1st I want to get rid of my stock but I dont want to leave the end of my gun open to dirt, mud etc. so Im wondering if this might work> http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingman-Back-Block-For-Spyder_W0QQitemZ250539143022QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a554bef6e If so can I just add the spring guide to it? If not I was thinking of just cutting the stock all together and just using the remaining piece with the o-rings but I would like to save it if at all possible. 2nd is my barrel, which came in handy when I needed to stick it through cracks between barriers but like I said seemed to send about every other ball off wildly. I was thinking of just moving down to a 14" JJ since the Python adds about 2" anyways for a total of 16". If yall know of a better barrel choice that fits in the shroud let me know.

oldironmudder
12-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I wouldnt worry about dirt & crap getting into the upper bore unless you go freaking nuts with diving & playing in general. My TL+ has the back half of the bolt coming out & I havent gotten anything in there to worry about & Ive done a lot of stupid stuff with it. If you feel better keeping it covered, then pick up a new RVA like the one you found on ebay. But look in the BST section first since you might find one cheaper.

A barrel that fits in the shroud, I dont know because I dont have a MR2. I use 12" barrels on all my guns. I used to run a 16" & like the longer barrels but after a while I got tired of the extra length.

slim and shady
12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
J&J's are the most popular with poeople for the style of play you are doing though get a 14" barrel kits are better, but just buy a decent paint that fits the bore of the JJ snug and you will be fine. As for the open back I never worry about it and havent had any issues yet.

andover85
12-15-2009, 07:39 PM
if you are looking to spend a little extra you could get a stiffi metal less. that will fit for sure. http://www.sitemfg.com/introduction.html .

AutoSpyder
12-15-2009, 09:10 PM
The stiffi MF seems like a good option although Im probably leaning towards another J&J but it looks like all the new barrels are now bigger on the threaded end. Is this true? All the ones Ive found on ebay are bigger in the pictures. As far as plugging up the open stock hole I went ahead and ordered the RVA from my first post, the guy said it would fit a variety of Spyder markers including the Pilot ACS which has pretty much the same bolt/striker config. as our markers. I just hope it fits I will post my findings as soon as it comes in. Great suggestions so far guys keep them coming.

zombie
12-22-2009, 07:00 AM
ive just been playing without a butt stock and its been fine for me. im not doing any crazy rolls or anything like that, so the uncovered butt stock entry doesnt get dirty. does having a butt stock make the gun perform better or does it just protect it from dirt?

slim and shady
12-22-2009, 07:17 AM
it just will keep dirt out it may help some people hold the marker slightly steadier

THUNDR
12-22-2009, 03:18 PM
20" barrel? *facepalm*

slim and shady
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
^that was productive.

AutoSpyder
12-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Alright so what I ended up doing was converting the back of my marker over to a Spyder Pilot ACS. I called up Kingman and they where very helpful with getting the parts I needed. I had to order a new spring guide, metal disc, and I said wth why not a thumb adjuster. The whole mod set me back about 37 bucks with shipping, kinda pricey but to each his own right. <z> http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7716/mod002b.jpg http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1297/mod001.jpg

zombie
12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
damn that mod looks nice.

AutoSpyder
12-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks zombie, Ive always wondered about this mod since I first bought my MR2 but I never did anything about it. I just thought I should post my solution for any others looking for the same. I know it isnt really needed but wth if you want to do it then why not. Im still wondering about what barrel I should go with though :shrug:

OneShotKill
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
I've actually been thinking about doing the same mod as far as replacing the back...but i plan on modding that piece to have my own custom stock on it...but first I need the cash to do it

(dang its been a while since i've been on here)

sneekypete
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM
I use to use the J&J on my MR-2 and still think it is a great barrel. I have a 14 inch and it worked great. I now use a barrel kit but only because I have a custom shroud that it will fit in. I don't know of any barrel kits that will fit in the stock shroud but I think that is your best option for barrels. So if you want to use a barrel kit you have 2 options. 1- get a custom shroud or 2- mill the backs of the Barrel kit that you get to fit in the shroud. I have heard great things about the stiffi as well but do not know if it will fit in the stock shroud.
Hope that helps