PDA

View Full Version : VS2 hissing down the barrel(fairly new)

Elfmaze
11-14-2009, 08:48 AM
OK gys i retired my VS2 a few years ago after i couldn't get it to shoot right in a game. Now i have a game comming up. only play about once a year. And i'd like to finally use the vs2 i bought. I have stock everything besides barrel and a Q loader.

When i shoot a few rounds thru the marker works fine. But today i fired thru 50 rounds and near the end of the rounds the pressure was up around 300 and the round would fire, Valve would stick open causing a HISS. I pull back on the bolt and it stops. I think it may be due to the regulator pressure spike. any ideas? Is this a common problem with these?

Marker may have only around a case thru it because its never worked in a game for me.

DFSniper
11-14-2009, 09:03 AM
its your valve. clean it, change the o-rings, maybe a new cup seal.

Ace24
11-14-2009, 02:04 PM
You could also lightly sand the cupseal if it's uneven. I've done this to save some cash and for a quick fix.

Elfmaze
11-15-2009, 07:02 AM
is there a break in period for the reg? I ran some oil thru the whole thing and then cleaned off the bolt and barrel. Running at 210 psi i didn't get any spikes, did have one recocking issue with the first two rounds but 100 rounds after that work flawlesly. ITs probably waiting for my next game to break again :D

DFSniper
11-15-2009, 08:35 AM
300 psi shouldn't cause the valve to stick. are you using co2 or hpa?

Elfmaze
11-15-2009, 08:44 AM
HPA. there was concern last time i played that the pressure from the force feed hopper could be interfering with the bolt. i duno.