View Full Version : Color the Grips

12-29-2005, 09:00 AM
I just bought some new grips for my gun. They are the grips that come on the System-X NME's. Well, there is one little part on the grip that is red, and I would rather it be blue or black, any way to color that? If this is a dumb question, sorry, it's not a huge deal, just curious.

12-29-2005, 09:16 AM
spray paint is the only way that i can think of, or paint marker thingys.....

12-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Are they plastic? If they are you can go down to your local automotive supply store and get plastic spray dye. Should do the trick for you.

12-29-2005, 09:29 AM
ya, the piece itself is plastic. would something like model car paint work?

12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
If you use model car paint it will peel off in a day or two.
Your best bet would be the plastic dye paint from an auto store.

12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Plastic and regular paint just doesn't last. Outside of what's already been suggested, Ritz dye and very hot water will penetrate plastics as well. Not really sure how well dye is going to affect a red color though -

12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah, dpends on what color you want it to be. Get some red coloring in a glass of water and test different colors that way. ;)

12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Thats not gonna work guys. The grips are like Stickys, you can't just go sticking the hole thing in dye, and thats a whole lot of masking if you want to dye it. You are pretty much stuck with it red, unless you want the temporary change of paint.

12-29-2005, 11:31 PM
nono.....vinyl dye....get it at the auto store