PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Flash does not cock

alexvankrem
11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I just got back into paintballing and I decided to get a spyder flash. It worked before I took it apart.

I put the trigger frame on put the bolt in, attached to the striker bolt and walked the tirgger to drop the bolt in. I then put the rubber buffer in the back, then the velocity pin w/ guide followed by the velocity adjuster.

Problem is, now the bolt will only come as far back as the middle of the feedneck when I try to cock it. I called Kingman up and they couldn't figure it out.

What is wrong?

oldironmudder
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Pull the frame back off. Then manually pull the bolt/striker back & release. While doing this look in the slot on the bottom of the body. If something isnt working right you should be able to see it.

Order of parts:

Striker with nipple to the front.
Black rubber striker buffer.
Main spring.
Spring guide.
metal disc.
rear velocity adjuster.

alexvankrem
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
I do not have the metal disk. I doubt that would do anything though. It looks like the spring is contorting itself and not compressing straight back. Is that normal? Other than that, all parts are in order and the sear is not worn.

shunut
11-10-2009, 05:34 AM
No, if the spring isn't compressing straight back, it is not normal, the spring guide is there to prevent this. I would take it all back apart again, make sure there is nothing in there for the spring to get caught on and make sure that you didn't damage any o-rings on install. Also, make sure you give everything a good lube.

Welcome to the forum!

alexvankrem
11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
No o-rings are damaged and I can't lube my bolt because its a plastic evil bolt. The bolt physically will not move more than a half inch back. The spring pushes up against the metal piece that connects the bolt and striker inside of the striker correct? It doesn't go all the way in? Also, as I previously said you can see the top of the bolt only coming to halfway through the feedneck. Sorry for all the dumb questions, I'm just stumped.

oldironmudder
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
The spring is resting against the bolt pin (connects bolt & striker) ? It should NOT do this. The spring should go all the way into the striker. You might have to adjust the pin. Unscrew the set screw that holds it in the bolt & move it up into the bolt. If you can not, you will have to either grind the pin down to allow the spring to go in or get a new bolt.

alexvankrem
11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Kick ass man! Thanks a lot. I knew I was just being a dumbass. Anyway, I appreciate the help.

P.S. Two Kingman techs couldn't even diagnose the problem... You did it without visuals. Thanks again.

bigred76
11-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Make sure to get the set screw a bit more than flush with the side of the bolt before reinserting the bolt into the marker, or you will scrape the HELL out of the inside of the body. ;)

alexvankrem
11-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean...

shunut
11-11-2009, 05:41 AM
The set screw that holds the metal pin that connects the bolt to the striker, if you took that out to adjust the pin, make sure that you screw it all the way back into the bolt so it is at least flush(even) with the outside of the bolt. If it is not screwed all the way in, the screw with scratch the inside of the body. That is what red was saying.

alexvankrem
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh, I see what you mean now. Thanks.