PDA

View Full Version : Spyder MR4 Discussion

Taillo
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/taillo/MR4.jpg

The new .50 Cal Spyder MR4!

Got any news? Suggestions? Remarks? ---> Discuss it.

bigred76
11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Get rid of the stock, change the body to be sleek, get rid of that magazine, re-introduce that grip frame for standard Spyder bodies... the list goes on and on.

Taillo
11-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I know this marker will take years to be accepted in my local paintball fields because of the .50 cal. My local paintball fields doesnt allow ammo that is not bought on their shops. But if i ever see that paintball caliber back on popularity and easily available, i think im gonna give the Snyper a new body...

And maybe try to get a Crossman 3357 and bring it back to glory...

My comments:

Stock : i can live with that one, but if the stock size is a .50 equivalent, no addon will fit without adapter.
Grip : i love it, and if it fits a mr1, i would try to get it.
Asa : Nothing to complain about
Mag : Hope it is removable, so we can switch to variants.
Shroud : Hope it is removable, so we can switch to variants.
Top rail : Better having one when you dont need than needing one when you dont have... From the picture i would think its removable.
Body : Looks like a side-cocking, i like.
Feed : Already 90 degree, finally!
Barrel : I dont understand why its .50, they should stick with .68.

DFSniper
11-03-2009, 01:57 PM
looks like a giant lpc under the barrel. they need a different stock and longer shroud if theyre going for the milsim look.

xsvly-fat
11-03-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't like that look, the stock looks really bad on it.

Hob Hayward
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Idk, I think it looks pretty solid. And tim, its an MR series.. its supposed to have an overabundance of rails, be boxy shaped, have a mag and an M16 grip... It's supposed to look like it could be a real gun, not look like a paintball gun.

It has a clamping feed, raised rail, down angled stock, nifty military styled milling.. looks good to me? Not that I like stocks out of personal preference, but there are plenty of people who would love this I'm sure.

rayray88
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I think it looks nice. But instead of the the raised rails with that space in between they should make it a flat top so you can mount a nice carry handle and still look flush with the body. The stock is a definite change. I too really hope it's a removable shroud. I don't mind the mag. if the asa went into the mag and the mag was an ex-chamber that would be nice too.

bigred76
11-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Idk, I think it looks pretty solid. And tim, its an MR series.. its supposed to have an overabundance of rails, be boxy shaped, have a mag and an M16 grip... It's supposed to look like it could be a real gun, not look like a paintball gun.

What part of that looks like a real firearm? The sizes of everything are so ****ed up, it looks like ****.

DFSniper
11-03-2009, 07:39 PM
no one said it had to look "real"

Hob Hayward
11-04-2009, 06:47 AM
What part of that looks like a real firearm? The sizes of everything are so ****ed up, it looks like ****.

Yeah, its not supposed to be a real gun, it's still a paintball gun, but don't tell me they made it worse from the MR3. Kingman has been making baby steps from the MR1/2 release. Seriously if you think this doesn't looks realistic enough, look at the damn MR1...

bigred76
11-04-2009, 10:10 AM
OOoo, look, they slimmed down the body and smacked some rails on it! :dodgy: It's still a pound overweight for what it should be.

DFSniper
11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
tim, you dont like milsim to begin with, so your argument is invalid :p

Hob Hayward
11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
OOoo, look, they slimmed down the body and smacked some rails on it! :dodgy: It's still a pound overweight for what it should be.

Rails are for looks, because people think rails are HAWT.

bigred76
11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
tim, you dont like milsim to begin with, so your argument is invalid :p

Just because I don't like mil-sim doesn't mean I can't pick on a company for not even getting a design close to a firearm. ;)

Paintball Freak
11-04-2009, 01:58 PM
50 CALIBER = Retarded...

DFSniper
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Just because I don't like mil-sim doesn't mean I can't pick on a company for not even getting a design close to a firearm. ;)

eh, im getting bored with firearm replicas. id rather build a futuristic milsim "spacegun"

bigred76
11-04-2009, 05:43 PM
You mean like those two Tippmanns from a couple years back? The plastic ones? :P

Hob Hayward
11-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Ahaha, those were pretty stellar.

Get it, stellar? Hahahahahahahaha ...

pntballer5634
12-21-2009, 10:13 AM
.5 cal is retarted. cause when some dumbass decides to make it into a 50 cal rifle, spyder is up ****s creek. it looks cool tho

Modded-Like-Hell
12-21-2009, 02:49 PM
You mean like those two Tippmanns from a couple years back? The plastic ones? :P

http://www.jerryspaintball.com/images/ext%20power%20pack.jpg

slim and shady
12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Tim bashing milsims again, whats new ;) not all milsims are bad Tim you know that :D

I like it. I think it could be popular. I would hope the mag could be changes and the front shroud. Try to get it a little more customisable(SP?????).
dont like the stock. would like to see a bullpup style for the MR5!!!