PDA

View Full Version : Well, since I haven't been on here in a while.

Ace24
10-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Well I have... but not really posting much. I figured I would update you guys on how things have been going.

It's been a year now, since Monday, that my mother passed. It's been a really rough year. Things have been hard without her, but again, it's made us stronger and more able to cope. My girlfriend of two years (+change), Rika, has helped me a lot. She's stood by me all the way through the hard times and been my light in the dark more times then I can count. I'm so glad to have her in my life. Unfortunately, my mothers death date is also her birthday.... so it makes it rough around this time of year. Thankfully, I wasn't too sad on Monday. It turned out to be a great birthday for her after all.

Sadly, my mothers grave is bare. We haven't been able to afford a grave stone yet and for some reason, no one has put grass down on the grave. It doesn't make sense considering we never had to do grass ourselves for my grandmother and my mothers side of the family (who she is buried next to) and it's frustrating us. Why are we paying the graveyard money to maintain her grave if there is nothing to maintain? So we need to come up with the money to get a modest stone and I need to find the money to get the memorial tattoo done over my heart in her honor.

On a bright note:

I managed to get a job working parts sales at Advance Auto starting off at $9.25 an hour with the promise of 6 month $.25 raises and more if I prove to be as good as I say I am. They are also going to help me find an internship with a shop if I decide to go the mechanic route and steer away from parts sales. If I decide to make my career in parts, they said they can help me become a manager and move forward from there. Regardless, I've finally found that job that I've been searching for. The job that can actually take me somewhere in the industry that I want to be in.

I also finally got my car painted. It's been two years since I became the owner and it's been on my list of things to do. The shop is charging me $700 for what I wanted done. This includes the hood, front bumper, both mirrors, molding under the driver side fender near the door (rust), rear bottom fender (rust, dent), rear bumper (holes from an ******* who ran into me and left his license plate screws in my bumper), passenger rear fender bottom, and the trunk around the license plate light's (rust/rot). They did all that for $700, matching the color to my current color. Very, very reasonable price for all the work they did. It would have been done in 3 days, had it not rained. My dad is planning on bringing the Ford Exploder to that shop to get done for $600 which is mostly all sheet-metal work and painting to get rid of rust.

I will have pictures up after tomorrow some time. I can't wait to see the finished product with my own eyes... kind of like a kid on Christmas. It's going to make my car feel new again.

And for you gamers on here, I've pre-ordered the Modern Warfare 2 Xbox. I cannot wait to get that on November 10th. I've already taken off work that day so I can spend the entire day enjoying my new 250gig SE Xbox and Modern Warfare 2 game. Also, keep in mind, I sold my old 20gig Xbox to Rika's little brother for $125. I sold it a week and a half ago... I'm dying with out my COD. >.<

I haven't played paintball in forever... I really miss it and I miss you guys. Hopefully with this new job, in combination with my current Camille's job, I can afford to play again.

bigred76
10-31-2009, 12:06 AM
i miss you Teddy!

DFSniper
10-31-2009, 07:15 AM
teddy!!!!!!!!

sorry to hear about your mothers grave. it makes me sad thinking about it. if theres anything we can do to help, let us know. awesome about the job and car though, and $700 is a steal! i paid $425 just for 2 fenders!

battlechaser
10-31-2009, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the rough patches man, but it's definitely good to see things are looking up for you. You really deserve it, mate.

TheDarkShadow
11-01-2009, 04:44 PM
hey man, sorry to hear about the bear grave, but I'm glad to hear about the job. I hate to say I can relate but, it was a year ago two weeks ago that my cousin died. I dont know about for you but for me it feels unreal that it has been a year

TheRedBarron
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Ted, I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm going to say it anyhow, you are complaining about not having any money, but you are still sinking money into your car, now wait before you get upset. I truly understand how important it is in time of grieving to have things that make you feel good, little things even, could be anything from walking outside and looking at the sunset, to the stars in the sky at night. For you its walking outside and seeing your baby coming together finally. But maybe we are jumping the gun a little, if you cant afford it, don't do it man. Simple as that, you will be able to afford it in time, you just have to have priorities in line for your money. I tell this to Chris every time he says he wants to move out of his parents house...

As for the bare grave, man on your way to work one day swing in the hardware store and pick up a couple cups of grass seed (something hardy blugrasses are good out of season) and put it down on the grave yourself, I know that it might not be your responsibility, but a cup of grass seed is cheap, and the satisfaction you will get out of there being grass on the grave come spring time will make it very worth it to you. Not to mention you will have a nicer grass than what is typically found in cemeteries.

But man I know what tough times are like, its good to see you taking hold of your life, and going the direction you feel is best for you, let me offer these words, dont settle. Dont take good enough, and strive for excellence, always, you are never at the top of your game and there is always something to learn, always be eager to learn, as long as there is someone to teach you, you have it easy. And when there is no longer someone to teach you, take it upon yourself, and teach yourself. Do your thing man, make yourself happy as that is the key to life, once you are happy, you are living "the dream" as humans we all strive to be happy.

Ace24
11-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone, and thank you TRB.

The car is back from the paint shop and I'm very impressed. Although... they did break my driver side windshield sprayer and they did a half ass job on the bumper... they also forgot the mirrors and they left a hole in the trunk when they got rid of the rust... So he told me to bring it back and they'll finish it up. Hopefully it's like that because it was raining out last week and it seems that everything got rushed. Other then that though, the paint is beautiful and blends very well with the existing paint.

I miss you too Timm.

TRB: I know what you mean... and you are right. I don't really have the money to do it... but I am paying it off at $100 +/- a week... so... idk.
I am also buying a $400 xbox package (the Modern Warfare 2 one) next week, so I am scrounging around for as much money as I can find just for gas so I can drive as well as pay off these expenses.

DisIsMyUsername
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
yo. i also miss you guys :(