PDA

View Full Version : X-Chamber on MR2

Spec_Ops_PB
10-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey guys.

I am, from early this week, a new owner of a Spyder MR2...

Now, I already have a couple upgrades for it, and I was expecting to install an M4 magazine style expansion chamber, both for function and for looks. Note that the expansion chamber is not the Trinity one for the MR2, and was not "specifically" made for the MR2 either. I will attach a picture of it for visual help. The thing is, when I tried to install it, I noticed that I the only way to screw in the x-chamber was to leave the "vertical adapter" attachment there, which would look bad having a one inch gap between the base of the marker and the top of the "mag"... My question is: Is it possible to install a magazine style expansion chamber on the MR2 without it being the Trinity one, if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a picture of an expansion chamber that looks almost identical to the one I'm trying to hook up to my MR2

http://www.lionpaintball.com/files/gls500002/500167.jpg

THUNDR
10-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I had the same problem. If you check out this old photo of my gun, I just hacked up the plastic handguard and left it on to cover the gap. Eventually though, I bought the trinity x chamber and put the M4 style mag on the internal for the AK one, and also used the "rail" piece to make it look better. I had the RAP4 M4 mag, which had a set screw that attached it to the internal. I don't know about that one but if it's got some other way to attach it'll work.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/mako5590/mr249003a.jpg

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/mako5590/partygun029.jpg

sonik
10-18-2009, 07:55 AM
I used the Trinity AK expansion chamber...

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/sonikbhoom/IMG_1359.jpg

They don't make it anymore, I have come to understand but they are still out there for purchase. I wish I had bought the M16 version...

Spec_Ops_PB
10-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Ok, so basically you're saying that the best way to make it flush with the body would still be to purchase the Trinity mag kit... Correct me if I got this wrong.
Other thing is, last week I had seen someone on my field with an MR2, and he had hooked up an mag style x-chamber to it also, which was almost identical to mine.
The thing is that, at that time, I had not yet received my MR2 therefore I didn't ask him all the details on how he'd done it... If I see him again I'll have to ask him.
I guess I'll wait a bit and see what my options are, then I'll decide on what to do... Thanks for the help though!

*EDIT*

There's one other thing. I've been searching every website that has the Trinity expansion chamber, and have not yet seen what makes it so "special".
What makes the Trinity x-chamber fit the MR2 and not all other x-chambers?

sneekypete
10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I am pretty sure that for the Trinity you dont have leave the vertical adapter in that is what makes it flush

Spec_Ops_PB
10-18-2009, 09:56 AM
The thing is, if you remove the "vertical adapter" on the MR2, all you get are 1/8 inch threads if I'm not mistaken, and you can clearly see that the Trinity x-chamber has a standard asa connection...

sonik
10-18-2009, 10:33 AM
No. The threads on the MR2 are M12x1.0 (super fine) and is a real pain to find fittings that match. Trinity made the expansion chamber post that fit...

The thing is, if you remove the "vertical adapter" on the MR2, all you get are 1/8 inch threads if I'm not mistaken, and you can clearly see that the Trinity x-chamber has a standard asa connection...

Spec_Ops_PB
10-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Ahh ok. Thanks.

silentsniper
04-02-2010, 05:27 PM
this is old but if your able to do some sort of handy work. you could try to make a mag well to attach to the bottom of the gun to make it look like the kag can be detatched. like on the x7

Spec_Ops_PB
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Ya, that's pretty much what I ended up doing: I made a custom magwell from aluminum plates, and painted them black.
Then I fitted a Mako magwell grip on top, and the final result was pretty slick. I sold my MR2 a couple weeks ago though... Thanks for your input!

THUNDR
04-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Ya, that's pretty much what I ended up doing: I made a custom magwell from aluminum plates, and painted them black.
Then I fitted a Mako magwell grip on top, and the final result was pretty slick. I sold my MR2 a couple weeks ago though... Thanks for your input!

Sounds cool, got any pics?