PDA

View Full Version : AKA Lightning Bolts: any good use on MR1's?

phyber
10-16-2009, 06:00 PM
hi all.

after reading some write ups, i notice that a lot of people recommend the AKA Lightning bolts when going to a low pressure setup. while i'm still trying to understand exactly WHAT low pressure is (as in just using LESS c02/hpa, or a nitro setup?) i do notice that everyone agrees it is a higher flowing bolt.

higher flowing=greater velocity imo, which can't ever hurt in a game of paintball.

is this an ideal mod for a mr1, running on a regular 20oz CO2 setup? or should i just save my pennies and polish my stock bolt and grind the end down with an angle to "cup" the ball better?

DFSniper
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
i dont believe they make one for the MR1. i have one in my Classic, but i'd reccomend a delrin bolt from ACP since it won't scratch the body as much, and its lighter (Lightning bolt is aluminum, just VERY hollowed out.)

phyber
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
thanks, so search for an ACP bolt for my MR1?

this is a mod that increases co2 flow and velocity, correct?

DFSniper
10-16-2009, 07:42 PM
yes

bigred76
10-17-2009, 03:37 AM
higher flowing=greater velocity imo, which can't ever hurt in a game of paintball.
1.) No, it is never better over 300fps.
2.) It is almost guaranteed you will injure someone at speeds over 300fps.
3.) It is a very good chance that you will destroy someone's goggle lens at that velocity, and a good chance that it will continue and destroy an eye.
4.) To purposefully want to shoot over 300fps or to make your marker shoot "harder" is asinine and retarded.
5.) That is all.

As a rule of thumb, AKA is awesome.

phyber
10-17-2009, 05:15 AM
1.) No, it is never better over 300fps.
2.) It is almost guaranteed you will injure someone at speeds over 300fps.
3.) It is a very good chance that you will destroy someone's goggle lens at that velocity, and a good chance that it will continue and destroy an eye.
4.) To purposefully want to shoot over 300fps or to make your marker shoot "harder" is asinine and retarded.
5.) That is all.

As a rule of thumb, AKA is awesome.

lol understood. i know that 300fps is the "ideal safe zone" for markers...

so, with this bolt, or a modded stock one, it allows u to shoot at the same 300 fps, but use less co2, correct?

oldironmudder
10-17-2009, 05:46 AM
lol understood. i know that 300fps is the "ideal safe zone" for markers...

so, with this bolt, or a modded stock one, it allows u to shoot at the same 300 fps, but use less co2, correct?

300fps is not the "ideal safe zone" it is the speed limit. Yes markers can shoot faster but 300fps was set in stone many many years ago.

bigred76
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes, an aftermarket bolt or modified stock bolt is typically more efficient.