PDA

View Full Version : Q Loader on the MR2

Spec_Ops_PB
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I have just purchased a Spyder MR2 online this week.

Now I have not received it yet, it's still in the mail, but I already have a lot of plans for it...

One of them is to get a fast-feeding hopper. I already own an MR1, but it is mechanical, therefore the only hopper I own is an Archon gravity fed...

I was wondering if I should:

1) Buy a clamping feedneck ($40 CAD) and a decent hopper (maybe around $40 CAD)

or

2) Buy the Q loader...

Now, if I do decide to go for the Q loader, do I have to buy the MR Series mod in addition to it (which would cost another $70 CAD on top of the Q loader) ???

Please let me know what you think and whether or not the MR Series mod is necessary to fit the Q loader to the MR2...

Thanks

SpecOps

*UPDATE*

I ended up buying a Trinity T-Lock feedneck and an Empire Magna hopper, mods you can close this thread... Thanks everyone!

slim and shady
09-23-2009, 09:12 PM
no you dont the addapter is just if you want to have it direct feed. You can use the hoses ect they send you with the package and hook it up that way.

Spec_Ops_PB
09-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks Slim!

After second thought, I think I'll go with the clamping feedneck and an Invert Too.. Let me know what you think.

THUNDR
09-24-2009, 06:46 AM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20373

slim and shady
09-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Im a big q-loader fan, and its always worked very well for me.

THUNDR
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Gotta love the Q

Spec_Ops_PB
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
The thing with the Q loader is that you can only play the game as long as you don't empty all your q-pods. Because from what I understand you need a special setup to reload the pods and it may take a little while... right???

sneekypete
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM
I also love the Q but yes reloading is a bit of a pain if you do it the way they want. I use a Fasta hopper to reload my pod and it takes about 15 sec to reload a pod. Shady also has a similar set up and as far as I know works well for him.

slim and shady
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
yup works great, really unless you usse a rocket pod filler or similer product you can fill a q-pod just as fast or faster then trying to dump paint out of a bag into a pod. That is if you get a electronic loader in place of the silo. I use a revy you can find them used in good condition for like 15-20$

Spec_Ops_PB
09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the input guys!
I'll look into it...

sneekypete
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
NO problem> if you want to replace the silo with a hopper that is the way to load your pods