PDA

View Full Version : MacDev Clone

timbertiger20
09-17-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.macdev.net/images/clone/header.jpg

MacDev's lightest marker yet

The all new MacDev Clone has liquid 3D milling that is reminiscent of the original Droid design, however it has been updated with smoother lines and tighter shaping around internal components. This results in a much lighter and sleeker looking marker, the end result being 13% lighter than the 2007 model Droid.

The new Clone weighs in at only 880g/1.94lbs with 14" barrel and battery.

A new step forward in spool valve technology

In 2007 MacDev released the Droid and set a new standard by delivering a spool valve marker that was both fast and efficient. Now the MacDev Clone takes those features one step further. The Clone drivetrain features a massive 425% increase in valve flow, and the use of new size o-rings to reduce friction drag by more than 60%. The new drivetrain is also 12% shorter, making it lighter and also shortening flow paths for more efficient air delivery.

As if that wasn't enough, the drivetrain is removable and rebuildable without the use of tools - simply unscrew the back cap and the entire drivetrain comes out in one piece.

RX2 Gladiator: More stable & reliable than ever

Powering the Clone is the next generation RX2 Gladiator regulator. The RX2 boasts the highest flow, and fastest recharge available to date. It also has easier maintenance with the new spring system replacing the old stack.

In addition to the filter technology pioneered in the Cyborg RX, the RX2 Gladiator now has internal dirt avoidance countermeasures by means of positioning the piston seat in a way that will keep debris away from delicate parts. This is the only regulator that protects itself so that debris cannot damage the internals, causing unsafe pressure levels inside your marker.

RX Frame

The Clone builds on the success of the Cyborg RX by offering the same thin grip frame, molded grips and rear button pad. Included is the RX board with OLED, USB port and a variety of modes, user-programmable profiles and more.

The trigger pivot point has been moved forward to make it easier to shoot fast, with a new trigger with improved ergonomic shape. The Clone's grip frame is still compatible with Cyborg RX triggers also.

New clamping feedneck

The Clone uses the new feedneck system introduced with the Cyborg RX. The new Clone feedneck features an improved lever and a low profile design to keep your hopper lower and allow you to play tighter.

Shift Barrel

The Clone comes with MacDev's newest barrel, the Shift. The Shift is incredibly light, quiet quiet and has an innovative insert system which connects the insert to both the back and front pieces ensuring it will always stay in place.

The Clone comes with a .691 insert. An upgrade kit with a full set of Shift inserts will be available so you can easily match your barrel to your paint size.

The most efficient spool valve marker

The MacDev Droid was the first spool valve gun to bring efficiency to a new level, being the most efficient spool valve gun ever since its release. The Clone continues the trend of being the most efficient spool valve marker offering 1,700+ shots from a 68/45 tank @ 290fps.

For pre-orders PM me!

$1199
Colors:
Red Gloss
Aqua Gloss
Black Gloss
Clear Gloss

timbertiger20
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I can't say much more than that................but I'd wait to purchase a new high end marker till this comes out :D

Pics should be out in about 10 days as the prototypes at Paintball Extravaganza are not the final product and no one is allowed to take pics :)

DFSniper
09-17-2009, 05:00 PM
isnt it supposed to be in the mid-end price range?

timbertiger20
09-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Nope this is the replacement to the Droid. The Drones are the mid-end. Our showed up today and a few of them have serial numbers less than 10. I have some more secret info to release on that but it'll have to wait until after my hunting trip this weekend!

Muddytaco
09-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Banning you for not posting pics.....

timbertiger20
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Banning you for not posting pics.....

Wish I could! They make it so tough on what I can and can't say!
Read the Drone review and think about what they must be doing to make the Clone cost Double ;)

big_daddy_d
09-21-2009, 05:20 PM
can't wait to see all the info and pics on it...

bigred76
09-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Does it talk? :) Hopefully a sultry Australian voice... ;)

TheDarkShadow
09-21-2009, 07:07 PM

that would be awesome

timbertiger20
09-21-2009, 07:21 PM

Someone own's that patent :( It will display things!

nastystankweed
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Macdev does not dissapoint.

druid
09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
and no pics.........

timbertiger20
09-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Well of course we are keeping you in suspense. The original design which is what they have at the Expo and Cup is not the production model. They were unhappy with the look after anno and thought it was too plain......so they went back and changed it a bit. But by making everyone wait a week........well people are waiting in suspense!

druid
09-24-2009, 05:49 PM
No suspense here <---------
Coming from the MilSim guy...
I'm not a fan of the Drone, I doubt I'd be as or more excited about the Clone.

And if it's rice is up there with the rest of the "in" markers they can keep it. I won;t be getting it.....I have no one to impress with the cost of my gear.

timbertiger20
09-24-2009, 08:54 PM
I think you'd be very impressed by the Drone for the $550 price tag. You got way more into that Ion :rolleyes:

Critical
09-25-2009, 03:08 AM
I'd like to get my hands on one of those Gladiator RX2 regs, just the reg.

timbertiger20
09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
The RX1 reg is available the RX2 I don't think is out. I just sent them an email so hopefully by this evening I can get you pricing and info. There is another review with lots of internals pics on our forums.

http://www.irregulators.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1253855200/0#0

timbertiger20
09-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Just told RX2's will be available after WC. Also just saw the specs on the Clone :D

timbertiger20
09-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Updated :)

druid
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Looks like a $1200 Stage 5.1 Ion

no :dodgy:

TheDarkShadow
09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
it probably rips but looks are meh

bigred76
09-29-2009, 07:07 PM
No, looks like something that Druid wouldn't buy because he doesn't want to spend that much money on a marker. For the price, it is a Luxe's rival.

Muddytaco
09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I feel like I fell for the overhype :( I was atleast expecting it to have internal air lines and personally i think the droid looks better.

bigred76
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Internal plumbing is tricky. The only marker to have truly pulled it off IMO is the Impulse. The others are simply modified from one another. By this, I mean that the Mini was copied and modified to fit the Luxe, then BL cookie-cuttered the Luxe's plumbing inside their Victory. There's another internally plumbed marker coming out in the near future that might just be the epitome of internal plumbing for the next few years, but it isn't made by MacDev. IMO, this was a very wise move to stick with the macro, and keep inside their comfort zone in these economic trials. To start R&D for it at this point might be horrific for their budget.

druid
09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
No, looks like something that Druid wouldn't buy because he doesn't want to spend that much money on a marker. For the price, it is a Luxe's rival.

Listen...I'm no stranger to dumping money on gear...my [then priced] 2001 Cobra Angel being $2300 all said and done........should say something to that affect....

I'm done spending huge amounts of cash on markers at one time that turn around with ****ty resale...

I'll piece-meal something together that shoots just as fast for less than half the cost...

And muddy.......you are on to something. Hype. Don't believe it.

timbertiger20
10-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Internal plumbing is tricky. The only marker to have truly pulled it off IMO is the Impulse. The others are simply modified from one another. By this, I mean that the Mini was copied and modified to fit the Luxe, then BL cookie-cuttered the Luxe's plumbing inside their Victory. There's another internally plumbed marker coming out in the near future that might just be the epitome of internal plumbing for the next few years, but it isn't made by MacDev. IMO, this was a very wise move to stick with the macro, and keep inside their comfort zone in these economic trials. To start R&D for it at this point might be horrific for their budget.

It's not a budget issue.............it's more of a simplicity/patent thing. To be honest most people shooting MD didn't think it would be all that great. I think it's a great price considering what is in it. The biggest difference is simplicity, ergonomics and weight!

ferret15
10-01-2009, 09:01 AM
i think this is looks great and i would love to see 10 of these rather than 10 tippys when i paintball.

payntballer
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
It does look good.

mrpurplehawk
10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I agree with ferret haha

especiialypsycho
10-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I like the name. Sounds so cool