PDA

View Full Version : "Higher price, lower volume" fields

DFSniper
09-10-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3203905

The numbers here are for illustrative purposes. I have no idea if they are accurate, but the concept holds even if they are not. Assumption (or wild guess): It costs $20 to manufacture a case of paint that wholesales for $30 that a field sells for $60.

Elite Field Program:

Manufacturer creates a specific line of reserved-color elite field paint that sells wholesale at $70.

Fields who want to be in the elite program must exclusively use this $70 paint at their field, and must agree to charge at least $200/case for it (or $50/500 rounds).

At these prices, players will shoot 25% of the paint they are shooting now, but:

- The manufacturer gets the same amount of margin selling one case instead of 4, plus an extra $10/case (or $2.50 per player).
- The field gets the same amount of margin selling one case instead of 4, plus another $10/case (or $2.50 per customer)
- The field additionally saves 75% on shipping expenses
- The player saves $10 per day on paint. (A player who used to pay $60 to shoot 2000 paintballs will now pay $50 to shoot 500 paintballs.)

The field takes the extra $2.50/player and puts it into improving their field.

The manufacturer takes the extra $2.50/player and gives it back to the elite field in the form of advertising support. The manufacturer creates a general ad campaign, including creative for local media (newspaper, TV, radio, as appropriate) and more importantly targeted ads on Facebook/MySpace. The manufacturer only needs one set of creative for the country that subs in the local Elite field for wherever the ads are targeted. So basically the same ad, swap in different pictures, field name, and addy/contact info.

There.

Fields get more money.
Manufacturers get more money.
Costs for players go down.
Fun for players goes up.
Number of players go up - which leads to even more money for fields and manufacturers.

Everybody wins.

- Chris

do you guys think this will work? Will you play at a field with prices like that? Or will you find somewhere else to play?

RSX99
09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Sounds absolutely retarded from a player point of view.

Paintball Freak
09-10-2009, 11:54 AM
In the best words possible... I agree with RSX99. Just not practical, besides my field doesn't charge $60 bucks a case, they charge $50, same price he is saying we should get 500 rounds for? Naa... Well thought out, but just not practical to the player in my view. It would sound good to Fields and Manufactures, but not to me, the Paintballer...

bigred76
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Absolutely not. The person that came up with that is retarded. People can barely afford to play as it is.

battlechaser
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
This can be summed up in one smiley.

http://www.intimidatorowners.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Sgtcervantez
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Yup. I"ma broke mexican (not really) trying to play paintball. But you know, like I tell people coming into the sport. It not a cheap one they picked.
I dont play at fields much since we made our own, but if prices went that high then I'd never.

Dont get me wrong. I belive in supporting your local paitball stores and fields but at the same time, some of us are having a hard time supporting ourselves.

DFSniper
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
after hours of arguing: http://www.pbnation.com/out.php?l=http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/969536-post81.html

battlechaser
09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
IMO, limit the amount of paint people can bring on the field, don't gouge them on ammo. It'd just cause a slew of "Renegade" fields to pop up, where there's a lot more chance of someone being hurt (not much of an issue if you play with people that respect the sport, more for the amount of trigger happy nubs out there). Or for that matter, force people to cap their guns to the current PSP cap. No cap, no play.

There are better ways of fixing this issue. Screwing the end customer shouldn't be one of them.

bigred76
09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
He's still a ****ing retard. This will not help at all.

TheDarkShadow
09-13-2009, 07:11 AM
if a feild did that, it would not last long

DRAGON
09-13-2009, 01:15 PM
WOW, this is simply the best idea I've ever heard of to stimulate our lagging sport! -

AMOF I'm going to make a paralleled proposal to McDonalds:

MickyD's Elite Fatty Food Eaters Program:

McDonalds creates a specific line of reserved-quality beef that sells wholesale at $6 a lb rather than their normal $2 a lb.

McDonald franchises who want to be in the elite program must exclusively use these $6 lb beef patties at their restaurants, and must agree to charge at least $20/BigMac for it (or $5 per .25 burger).

At these prices, clientele will eat 25% of the fatty foods now, but:

- The beef processors get the same amount of margin selling one lb instead of 3, that's an extra $4 a lb (or $1.25 per .25lb patty).
- The franchise gets the same amount of margin selling one burger instead of 4, that's another $15 per burger (or $5 per .25 burger)
- The franchise additionally saves 75% on delivery expenses(hah....I just threw that in there for GP, what the hell)
- The customer saves 500 calories per day on burgers. (A customer who used to pay $5 to eat 1 whole burger will now pay $5 to eat .25 of a burger and puts the rest in the fridge for lunch the next 3 days.)

The franchise takes the extra $15/customer and puts it into improving their MickyD's playland.

The beef packer takes an extra $2 per pound($2 for administrative fees) and gives it back to the elite franchise in the form of advertising support. The beef packer creates a general ad campaign, including creative for local media (newspaper, TV, radio, as appropriate) and more importantly targeted ads on Facebook/MySpace. The beef packer only needs one set of creative for the country that subs in the local MickyD's Elite Fatty Food Eaters Program franchises for wherever the ads are targeted. So basically the same ad, swap in different pictures, franchise name, and addy/contact info.

There.

Franchise get more money.
Beef packer get more money.
Calories for customers go down.
Fun at MickyD's playland goes up.
Number of heathy customeers go up - which leads to longer lives and even more money for franchises and beef packers.
Customer is screwed royally and are still hungry but who cares? They'll live a longer more healthy life :rolleyes:

OK.....so I messed with the numbers a little but I think you may get the satire -

Paintball Freak
09-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Dragon, thats absolutely brilliant! Best way to describe this ridiculous idea ever!
All though, hell, I'm all for improving playland! = )

Griff
09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
If that was to happen I would sell all paint ball gear and Start shooting Firearms more. 7.62x54 1000rnds $230. At the prices your talking paint ball would die as a sport when I started playing 1995 Marbalizer was $100 for 2500 rnds and I was playing pump.