PDA

View Full Version : Asa

Erlkonig
09-08-2009, 05:29 PM
So, this is definitely going to sound like a dumb question, but as I tell people while performing training or lectures, the only bad question is the one that goes unasked...

I am looking to pick up a new ASA with On/Off/Degas...One reason being that I stripped the adapter from the ASA to the air line and tried to find one this winter. To ease my search I was carrying the ASA/Drop Forward around with me and I wound up losing it...The other reason is I would like to have an on/off and thought Degas would be helpful...

So the question is...Are there some ASAs that are intended just for HPA and some that work better with CO2? Most say nothing about it, and some say that they work well with either gas...

I intend to continue running CO2 for a long while as I like the extra shot capacity and spending $20 on a new tank and not $200...For the price of a solid HPA tank in a size comparable to a 20oz CO2, I could get both a female and direct Palmers and not have to worry about it...

DFSniper
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
CPs dont work too well with co2 because you're supposed to lube them with DOW, so they dry out fast with co2.

Erlkonig
09-09-2009, 04:30 AM
Good to know...That is why I come here =)

Anyone know about Trinity or New DeSignz? I was thinking the quick flip NDz, but I was kind of hoping for either a direct mount or a uni mount style with the drop built into it...Any recommendations?