PDA

View Full Version : Spring Tension

EpixPB
09-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay.
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to decrease the trigger spring tension on their MR-1 to make the trigger significantly easier to use.

I browsed around for a while on the sight, and found no threads involving this article, but if i missed something, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

bigred76
09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, the easiest way to decrease tention is to replace the stock spring with a pen spring. Other methods include going down to the hardware store and finding a lighter one or buying a spring kit that includes trigger springs.

Lawpass
09-06-2009, 04:57 PM
You can also clip the existing spring. Just clip 3-4 loops off and stretch it back out to the original length. Works great.

OneShotKill
09-07-2009, 02:12 PM
being a mechanical, most of the pressure you are feeling when pulling the trigger is from the pressure on the sear from the bolt. so theres really no way to truly decrease the trigger pull weight.

EpixPB
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

I have clipped 3 loops off of the original spring, but the tension is kinda uneven, so i may just replace it with a lighter spring altogether.

As an answer/question/statement to Oneshot's post, I saw someone on youtube who removed and sanded a portion of his sear, thus decreasing the pull weight ... does this work, or is it just a slippery slope on the way to a paint-blender. Also, as I intended to decrease spring tension, I am not currently concerned with overall trigger pressure ... I will deal with that later.

Thanks!

DFSniper
09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
get a maddman kit and replace the trigger and sear springs.