PDA

View Full Version : air-thru job (stock)

dynastykiller08
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
could anyone tell me if the rap4 m4 airthrough stocks (spyder series) works on the mr2?(i emailed them no response in over a day) if not is there one that does? if not how i can go about modifying my stock for air-thru??? thanks in advance

THUNDR
08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I highly doubt that those stocks will work with the MR2 as the only source for air into it is in the bottom of the receiver where the hardline goes in. From what I've seen, there are no existing air-thru kits for an MR2 made by anyone. However, it is possible to modify your gun for air-thru; I have done it and I know of one other who did it, to an MR1 I believe. If you drill into the space behind the plug where the front shroud attaches to, tap it for a macroline fitting, then run macroline down into/attached to your stock and into a nipple for a remote line, you will have an air-thru stock. However, this is not just something you should grab a drill and try to do. If you want to do it yourself like I did, pm me and I will be happy to help and provide pictures and some critical info (mistakes I made that'll save you time and frustration).
If you want to see pictures of mine check out this forum; http://undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=17973

dynastykiller08
08-14-2009, 10:34 AM
ok thanks alot...ill be in touch

sonik
08-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I'm going to try to use a plamer inline stabilizer and regular steel braided hose to the stock and then if I have to, use macro back to the male connect on the bottom of the stock. I'll have to drill a hole on the right side to allow the connections to pass through. I'd like to use steel all the way through, and if I can swing it that is what I'll do. We'll see how she works this week on HPA anyway. :-) I'll only get one fill out of it ( no refills where we are ) so I would really like to be able to get CO2 working reliably on it.

dynastykiller08
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
is a Pro-Team FX Commando stock hollow?/big enough? fo a reg to fit inside (wit some work) and to do a air thru job on?

Sgtcervantez
08-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Thundr........How does you loader work? Sucktion? Its very intresting.