PDA

View Full Version : mr2 firing mode

lphilipl
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
alot of the time when I turn on my mr2 it will be stuck on semi-automatic. i flick the switch back and forth and nothing changes. however, after a few shots and beating my gun and stuff it seems to fix itself. does anybody know how to fix this problem or at least what makes it happen? thanks alot.

OneShotKill
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
check the little red thing on the chip(dont remember what its called...)...sounds like it might be loose...

lphilipl
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
i don't see any red thing in my gun ... there is one red wire and a tiny spot of red paint on one little black thing but no red chip.

bigred76
08-10-2009, 06:26 PM
The jumper? Yeah, the red mode jumper might be it. A word of advice... do NOT smack your marker around. If you are hitting it that hard that the jumper is coming on and off of the board... *shakes head*

I'm not even going to get into why you need the other modes...

sonik
08-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Red is probably right. Check the jumper. They are typically red (yours may be black) and cover two pins.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/sonikbhoom/IMG_1346.jpg

If the contact is loose for any reason, you get the tournament lock of semi only. RTFM dude, it is a time-saver.

Peace.

lphilipl
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
wow, thanks so much for the picture. the problem is...i don't have one. i bought my mr2 used, and the last owner just had a string bending/tying the two pieces of metal together. just two questions:
When the two metal pieces are touching does that mean the auto will work? (if so i could probably fix it myself)
And where could i get ahold of a new one?

Thank you guys so much again, this is probably the most helpful forum I've been to!

THUNDR
08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
This has been covered in other threads. Not that we aren't happy to help, but if you use the search function it pays off, as well as reading the manual as sonik said. Yes the auto will work when the wires are touching (jumper attached) and you can get a new one anyplace you can get electronics/computers pretty much.

OneShotKill
08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
ya..the red jumper...thats the thing i was talking about...

lphilipl
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
ok, i tore apart an old windows 98 and found a jumper that I put in. However, the connection does not seem to have been made as my mr2 is now stuck semi automatic. do i need a jumper of a certain metal or what?

agent1940
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
A computer jumper should work fine you just have to make sure their is a snug metal on metal connection.

sonik
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
if it was a piece of string tying them together you may have damaged the board connector. use a screw driver to close the gap (connect the two pins and turn the board on and off and see if you can get it to go full auto. try using a different jumper.. it should fit snug. look on the back of the hard drive.. they often had them

bigred76
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh wow... I've never heard of taking an OS apart to get a jumper.... :dodgy:

Do what the others have suggested, or contact Kingman and ask for a new one. There will be a fee.

sonik
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Dude, I have so many jumpers here from old harddrives and boards... He said OLD, I am taking that to mean: not used/broken (windows 98?? 11 years ago? :D )

Oh wow... I've never heard of taking an OS apart to get a jumper.... :dodgy:

Do what the others have suggested, or contact Kingman and ask for a new one. There will be a fee.

bigred76
08-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Windows98 is an Operating System, not a computer. ;)

sonik
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
My point was if it was running windows 98, the hardware is likely mega-old...

lphilipl
08-12-2009, 07:24 AM
there are three holes inside the jumper. do the pins on my mr2 go on the 2 outside ones?

lphilipl
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
o and by old i meant it was new a long time ago, it worked fine until yesterday.
every now and then with the jumper on the full auto will flicker between red and green. does this tell you anything?

sonik
08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
It tells me the connection is bad. Get a new jumper...but try the screw driver (use the metal tip to close the gap between the two pins) and see if the light will stay on red.

it would help a lot if you could take a picture....

o and by old i meant it was new a long time ago, it worked fine until yesterday.
every now and then with the jumper on the full auto will flicker between red and green. does this tell you anything?

lphilipl
08-12-2009, 03:10 PM
no, a screwdriver doesn't make it red. I'm really busy right now, but ill take a picture as soon as I can. Thanks.

sneekypete
08-13-2009, 07:24 AM
That tells me you may have a broken conection on the bottom of the board. Pull it out and have a look when you have time

lphilipl
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
i found the red jumper jammed underneath and put it on. but the light stays completely green now. which connection do you mean is broken?

OneShotKill
08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
the connector on the board itself...one of those gold colored lines...you'll have to either buy a new board off the net, call spyder and buy a replacement from them, buy a whole new grip...