PDA

View Full Version : SunDragon's MR2 w/eyes marker bodies

sonik
08-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone get one? Looks like a great upgrade for the first generation MR2 (like I have)

I tried to order one today and they don't ship to Canada.... :(

Maybe I'll get my friend in Sacramento to get it them ship to me... though I'm a little hesitant now after the MrPain/MR1pistolgrip/CanadaCustoms thing....

XSiv Force
08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
post a pic por favor i cant find that on the site

ferret15
08-03-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/3373147/6998631.htm

its a replacement body for the 1st gen (blind) MR2's so that you can add eyes.

sonik
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
^^ what he said.... (Face-palm for not posting a link....)

DFSniper
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
looks like a stock mr2 w/eyes body. too bad it doesnt come with the eye covers.

OneShotKill
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
y need an mr with eyes...the other model is act - anti-chop bolt, so why spend the money for a new reciever, board, etc....

DFSniper
08-04-2009, 06:18 PM
because ACS is known to fail. terribly.

sonik
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
The main improvement from the ACS gen1 model aside from the eyes is the 2nd detent.

Eye covers are not a big concern for me as I could order them from Kingman directly or get one of the Canadian dealers to order them for me.

With the Lucky board that Sundragon sells I would have an MR2 with eyes then.

and yeah when the ACS fails.. it fails hard... paint soup. freaking blender

y need an mr with eyes...the other model is act - anti-chop bolt, so why spend the money for a new reciever, board, etc....

slim and shady
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
This is great, took long enough though, thought somone would have done something like this a long time ago. But im sure happy they did it! Easier then doing it the old fasion way!

THUNDR
08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I duno, I'm fine not using eyes, I actually prefer it. IMO, the fewer electronics on the gun the better. As long as ur feeder is fast enough chops shouldn't be a problem (QLoader FTW!)

bigred76
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't know anything about paintball, but a small bit of electronics that can stop you from chopping at all seems like a wise idea. Better than some spring loaded thing that may or may not crush your paintballs. :dodgy:

THUNDR
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
To each his own. As long as you use fresh quality paint, your not gonna crush any with a Q

bigred76
08-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Sure, one can say that. Then again, I can crush good, fresh paint with my Reloader on the lightest setting (1), which is a lot lighter than a Q-Loader wound for 15bps.

THUNDR
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Alright then

SundragonPPS
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Anyone get one? Looks like a great upgrade for the first generation MR2 (like I have)

I tried to order one today and they don't ship to Canada.... :(

Maybe I'll get my friend in Sacramento to get it them ship to me... though I'm a little hesitant now after the MrPain/MR1pistolgrip/CanadaCustoms thing....

Sorry, we are still not prepared to ship abroad.

What might I ask is the, "the MrPain/MR1pistolgrip/CanadaCustoms thing"????

looks like a stock mr2 w/eyes body. too bad it doesnt come with the eye covers.

We should have covers available in the near future.

The main improvement from the ACS gen1 model aside from the eyes is the 2nd detent.

Eye covers are not a big concern for me as I could order them from Kingman directly or get one of the Canadian dealers to order them for me.

With the Lucky board that Sundragon sells I would have an MR2 with eyes then.

and yeah when the ACS fails.. it fails hard... paint soup. freaking blender

I ended up getting an MR1 bolt then adding a lower ROF board to tone down the choping mishaps of the ACS bolt in my MR2. 25bps ROF in semi with that bolt has a negative effect when all you use is semi. I think Kingman was just trying to appease everyone with the higher ROF they asked for at that time of their technology. Had they just kept their 15bps and regular bolts things might have gone better for them with the initial MR2. Seems sometimes giving the customer exactly what they want isn't so easy. They have since then done very well with their new markers with eyes.

This is great, took long enough though, thought somone would have done something like this a long time ago. But im sure happy they did it! Easier then doing it the old fasion way!

Had pondered this since the release of the newer MR2 w/eyes but just got around to giving it a try. Yes, a better alternative to paying for ano and milling or possibly not getting it right trying it yourself.

bigred76
08-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Sonik, you can always ask a vet like myself if you need help getting it up there. Cover shipping and it'd be no issue.

sonik
08-07-2009, 06:07 AM
I wanted to get a metal 45 grip from an ebay site and MrPain kindly offered to get it and ship it to me as they would not ship to Canada. He did all this and I paid for shipping and the grip and he shipped it to me. not probs right? Well Canada Customs give MrPain a call and asks why he was shipping GUN PARTS to Canada ... Apparently they x-ray stuff looking for real steal parts and the metal grip fit the bill and being close enough to the real thing to set off warning bells....

I'm concerned the MR2 receiver will do the same thing... the security folks are twitchy these days...

Sorry, we are still not prepared to ship abroad.

What might I ask is the, "the MrPain/MR1pistolgrip/CanadaCustoms thing"????

bigred76
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Well, if you write "paintball parts" and then what it is, such as "Spyder MR2 Trigger Frame", it might go a little smoother.

I'm not worried about the body at all, it's just a receiver. The feedneck will throw them through a loop if they think it's a real firearm.

sonik
08-08-2009, 07:38 AM
With your receiver, do I need a new trigger frame or can I use the old one with a lucky board?

Well, if you write "paintball parts" and then what it is, such as "Spyder MR2 Trigger Frame", it might go a little smoother.

I'm not worried about the body at all, it's just a receiver. The feedneck will throw them through a loop if they think it's a real firearm.