PDA

View Full Version : Lower rate of fire

agent1940
07-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Is there a way to lower the rate of fire from 25 bps to 15 or 20 bps. I think I lower the rof it should stop the ball breaks in the barrel.

DRAGON
07-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I beleive you are correct that a lower ROF will help prevent chops in the MR's. To lower the ROF just install an older Spyder board with a lesser ROF. Most of the older boards had a 13/14/15 bps rof default. BINGO! -

DFSniper
07-26-2009, 06:29 PM
or get a faster hopper?

OneShotKill
07-27-2009, 10:38 AM
i'd go with what df says...get a faster hopper...as far as barrel breaks, rof has nothing to do with that...thats caused by having balls too big for the bore...

agent1940
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
I have a Halo B hopper so I don't think the hopper is the issue. The reason why I think a lower rof would solve the ball break in barrel problem is because if the balls leaving the gun at a high rof have a higher chance of them colliding together in the barrel then with a lower rof.

DFSniper
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
no. i've only seen that happen once, and that was due to some crazy flaw in prototype timmy parts (and the paint collided in mid-air, not in the barrel!). the only way your paint would break in the barrel is if you had extremely fat paint and a small barrel and the paint actually got STUCK in the barrel. if high end guns can shoot strings at 25bps without a break, theres no physical reason for your paint to be colliding under the same conditions.

if i were you, i'd check your paint to bore match. if you cant blow your paint through the barrel, get smaller paint or a bigger barrel.

edit: i sorta retract my previous statement. as someone just pointed out to me, bad recharge could cause your velocity to drop off for a few shots, and spyders dont exactly have excellent recharge out of the box.

agent1940
07-28-2009, 03:51 PM
What is recharge and is their any upgrade parts that can fix that.

slim and shady
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
recharge is how long it takes your marker to build up air so to speak after each shot. if it doesnt recharge fast enough your velocity could drop off for a few shots until it catches up.

stabalizers help if your running co2, regulaters for air. Could go low pressure ect.

agent1940
07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Is it hard to convert to LP and what parts will I need?

sneekypete
07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the stock MR-2 board shoots at 13 BPS. I know the gun says it can shoot 25 bps but I thought that was just the guns max rate of fire. It seems to me that when I put my Virtue board in and set it to 25 bps it was ALOT faster than the stock board. As for ball breaks in the barrel I agree with everybody else as that is a barrel to ball size issue.

OneShotKill
07-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the stock MR-2 board shoots at 13 BPS. I know the gun says it can shoot 25 bps but I thought that was just the guns max rate of fire. It seems to me that when I put my Virtue board in and set it to 25 bps it was ALOT faster than the stock board. As for ball breaks in the barrel I agree with everybody else as that is a barrel to ball size issue.

ya...the mr2's max rof is 25bps, but thats when walking the trigger...in burst and fully-auto mode, the max rof is topped off at 13bps...so have fun trying to get 25bps out of your mr2...

sneekypete
07-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Thought I was right Thanks OneShotkill for the confermation

silentsniper
10-07-2009, 09:31 AM
the gun can only get up to 25 bps, but you can only do that in semi. burst and auto are capped off at like 13-15 bps.