PDA

View Full Version : MR1 Trouble

sudbury33
07-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I recently ran into some trouble with my dad's MR1. Heres whats going on, at first the ball barely shot out of the barrel. I figured the gun was just in need of an Oring change and lube since it hadnt been used in a while. So I changed the Orings (there was one broken on the striker), and used Remmington gun oil. When I went to test it out, the CO2 seemed to leak from the barrel.

Does anyone know what this might be? Could it be because I used gun oil and not paintball oil? Or could it be because something is wrong in the valve area?

Thanks.

XSiv Force
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
valve o-ring or cup-seal

slim and shady
07-19-2009, 09:57 PM
like X said probably your cup seal oil it good, if it still does it change it. You shouldnt use gun oil in your markers as they are designed for heat not cold pick up a bottle of marker oil there not much money.

bigred76
07-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Never use Remm oil in a paintball marker. It is designed for a far different purpose than helping to lubricate orings as it has a high probability of disintegrating them.

Cock the marker before airing it up, and if that doesn't work you'll need to inspect the cupseal. Replace it even if it doesn't seem like it needs it and try again. If that doesn't fix it, take out the valve and change the orings.