PDA

View Full Version : J&J ceramic 21 inch barrel question

Mike "ball dodger"
07-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I am sure someone has a two piece barrel for their mr2. I am looking at a used J&J ceramic two piece barrel so the seller says. He says it is 17 inches and their is a 4 inch extension.

I can't find one online anywhere.

Anyone have some thoughts on two piece vs one piece.

I have have been told also that their is no advantage to going over 16 inches. after that their is no positives only negatives. I have heard that J&J barrels are one of the only barrels that fit the mr2 without modification.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Mike

DFSniper
07-19-2009, 03:18 PM
def. dont get anything over 14, 16 inches max! J&J makes a few 2 piece barrels. one is the edge, and i cant remember the other one. check their site though: www.jjperformance.com

slim and shady
07-19-2009, 09:01 PM
anything over 16 uses more air although you wouldnt notice it that much maby lose 20 shots per 20oz tank. Not a big deal they are handy if you play woodsball in thick brush, so you can stay in cover but shoot through. For any other style of play though there just in the way.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum.

bigred76
07-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm not sayin' nothin' yet. :)

Welcome to the forums. You might want to search previous threads on this matter, as I think most of us have beat this horse to death. I, on the other hand, am about ready for another go. ;)

RSX99
07-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Hey Red, I was thinking of picking up a 50 inch. What do you think?

Mike "ball dodger"
07-20-2009, 05:24 AM
I did some searching but couldn't really find a find anything specific to the j&j two piece. It seems like for the price the J&J barrels are a really good buy?

Does the two piece affect performance at all? Cause more breaks?

Mike

DFSniper
07-20-2009, 06:38 AM
The two piece is really just for those who want different bore size backs.

Jungsa
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I use the edge kit. it has 4 backs and 2 fronts. didnt fit my MR2 shroud but i took that off. honestly I have not had a break in a barrel (or even my marker since i added a few upgrades.) sooner or later it will happen. I think J&J makes a great barrel. I even shot junk balls last saturday and not one break. some of that had to be luck but I would recomend getting the Elite Kit. it looks nice and shoots great.

Mike "ball dodger"
07-20-2009, 07:08 PM
thanks for the input seems like a 16 inch it is

Mike

OneShotKill
07-20-2009, 08:11 PM
are you looking for looks or performance out of it? if your looking for performance, try to keep it 16 or under...if your looking for looks, go for 21 inch...I think ive seen some 21 inch barrels on ebay...