PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty MW2: OMG

HelpDeskHustler
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
This can't be for real:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/modern-warfare-2s-prestige-edition-includes-fully-functioning/#continued

interceptorMR2
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

there's no way.

Ace24
07-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok first off, the article and you got this wrong. It is not Call of Duty. Infinity Ward left the Call of Duty line because of Activision's anger that Infinity decided to go away from the WW2 theme. The game is called Modern Warfare 2.

Second, holy ****ing ****. I wonder if I can upgrade my preorder for this bad boy. If it's only the $80 that they list, I want it.

extrabonez
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
i wonder what gen the goggles are? if this is even real...

bigred76
07-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Holy ****ing ****. That's all that's going across my mind right now.

HelpDeskHustler
07-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Ok first off, the article and you got this wrong. It is not Call of Duty. Infinity Ward left the Call of Duty line because of Activision's anger that Infinity decided to go away from the WW2 theme. The game is called Modern Warfare 2.

Second, holy ****ing ****. I wonder if I can upgrade my preorder for this bad boy. If it's only the $80 that they list, I want it.

There is no other maker of Call of Duty besides Infinity ward. This one should be named 4, because to me, 3+5 didn't even exist.

interceptorMR2
07-14-2009, 08:02 AM
and anyways, why would activision be pissed about leaving the WWII theme, especially since the first modern warfare was EXTREMELY successful?

stupidity much?

Muddytaco
07-14-2009, 09:15 AM
If its for real I can almost guarantee that the NVG's are the biggest cheapest POS they could find to throw in the box.

marvin-martian
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
i can just see and hear all the kids trying to be tacticool now...

bigred76
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
It doesn't matter who's making it or why, it's coming out and that's all that matters. I'll finally have something good to play on my 360 again. :D

Beornwolf
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I apologize for my rant, the yelling, and screaming in advance.

I "LOL" at your stupidity...

And lack of research. Infinity Ward (IF) created Call of Duty, the series was then "purchased" by the greedy, franchise-ruining, unoriginal developing entity that is ruining the video game business. I call this entity "Activision".

The company Treyarch (<-- HATE) then got a deal with Activision and Infinity Ward to make an expansion pack for Call of Duty (1), Big Red One. Infinity Ward was much less than pleased with the expansion pack, as it didn't add much content and reused many of the original game elements. But it achieved huge sales solely because of Infinity Ward's success. Activision though, of course, LOVED this. They set up a deal that locked in the Call of Duty series to an "every-other-game" with Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Call of Duty 2 (Infinity Ward) was a huge success, one of the most played games on Xbox Live and computer (It's still in the top 10 most played comp games today btw). Call of Duty 3 (Treyarch) is an absolute flop. The game is a glitchy, vehicle-ridden mess. Yet again, Treyarch rides on the success of IF, and Activision makes a load of money.

And the biggest outrage, Call of Duty 4 breaks away from the norm, IF realizes that the WWII series is exhausted. Activision agrees, and flows development money into COD4 like no other. Mid-way through development of COD4, Treyarch presents its game to Activision. It's still WWII, tries to adventurous with the Pacific-Theater. Knowing it will be successful solely because of the name, they approve.

COD4 releases. It is, IMO, one of the over-all greatest multiplayer game ever released. Activision sees this, and SELLS THE COD4 ENGINE TO TREYARCH. SCRATCH THAT, HAND IT TO THEM. And do you know what they do? RUIN THE FRANCHISE BY MAKING AN EXACT COPY OF COD4 EXCEPT ITS A COMPLETE STEP BACKWARD, AND MAKE MONEY WITH IF'S IDEAS AND IF'S GAME, WITH THEIR LITTLE GRUBBY FINGERPRINTS ON IT.

Activision of course, couldn't be happier. Cash flows into the company like crazy, they acquire the entire Guitar Hero franchise, they acquire BLIZZARD for Christ's sake.

In short, Activision doesn't give a piece of flying s*** about Infinity Ward, only the money the get from the COD franchise. They LOVED the modern concept because it brought in more money. Infinity Ward kept Call of Duty out of the name because they want to distance themselves from Treyarch's horrible, thieving game studio and Activision's money-hungry ways.

That argument is over, please continue to talk about the contents of the Prestige Edition. :)

DFSniper
07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
*puts on flame suit*

meh. never got into CoD

paintballkid0206
07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
oh my ****ing gawd. holy ****. I need to save up $80! (and then deal with my parents calling me a dork. lol. I need to get a laptop first, which means i dnt think i would buy the game til after x-mas. i have only played one COD game ever (on the wii) and i didnt like it that as much, are they better on PC? i hope so.

edit: quadruple digits! 1,000th post. (hehe, there's a comma in my post # now :P)

bigred76
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
360 version is the BEST. COD is "meh" on PC's IMO. Some love it, some don't, it's up to you.

DFSniper
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
yeah, its only "meh" on pc if you have a meh pc :D

personally i cant play fps games with a controller, but thats just me...

mrpurplehawk
07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
360 version is the BEST. COD is "meh" on PC's IMO. Some love it, some don't, it's up to you.

thats what im talkin about

I love cod4 on the 360, my friend has it on PC and it fails so hard compared to 360

twiztidjuggalo
07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
im always rocking cod 4 on live but this is sick, i imagine if the goggles work there probably of the you can see 10 feet variety lol. but still holy F****** s*** i want it =]

paintballkid0206
07-14-2009, 07:16 PM
well, i have a wii, and the cod game i rented (it was the newest one, i forgot what the subtitle was) was not that great at all. that's why i was looking for one on the PC

marvin-martian
07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
well, i have a wii, and the cod game i rented (it was the newest one, i forgot what the subtitle was) was not that great at all. that's why i was looking for one on the PC

world at war wasnt good on any platform...

extrabonez
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
i bet the goggles are russian surplus

Nader
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Mouse/Keyboard > xbox controller, by far.
If you don't have the computer for gaming, then don't buy the game for PC, sez I.

world at war wasnt good on any platform...

trudat.

paintballkid0206
07-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Mouse/Keyboard > xbox controller, by far.
If you don't have the computer for gaming, then don't buy the game for PC, sez I.

That's why I am waiting to buy the game until i get a different computer/laptop.

DFSniper
07-15-2009, 10:20 AM
i bet the goggles are russian surplus

lol. from what i've been told, theyre $150 goggles that have almost nothing besides NV, no auto shutoff, etc. so i bet they got em at a really good wholesale/batch price.

Nader
07-15-2009, 11:00 AM
inc alot of lawsuits for kids with screwed up eyes because someone turned the lights on. :P

RSX99
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Just spoke with Gamestop while picking up the latest AC Answer. $150 bones for this. I'll save my money for something else.

interceptorMR2
07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
no kidding. I think I'll stick with the game and the game only.

HelpDeskHustler
07-16-2009, 10:55 AM
the NVG pack is 150. officially NOT making these the cheapest POS goggles they could find (as if IF would ever give you ****). They're 2 stage functional goggles but are closer to the grade of NV on a handheld camera in goggle form. They have lots of IR leds around the lens, so it will see in the dark well.

World at War was a trashy reskin of cod4. zombie mode was the only thing mildy fun and they did so much wrong that it was just barely worth playing.

Activision ruins good series' in order to drive profits and shamelessly rips off competition. I'm glad harmonix and Infinity ward got out.

And turning the lights on will never damage your eyes. there is no screen on night vision goggles that is capable of producing blinding light.

Ace24
07-17-2009, 10:54 AM
There is no other maker of Call of Duty besides Infinity ward. This one should be named 4, because to me, 3+5 didn't even exist.

Hahaha. This is true.

and anyways, why would activision be pissed about leaving the WWII theme, especially since the first modern warfare was EXTREMELY successful?

stupidity much?

I don't think it was all Activision though... Apparently Infinity Ward is just going another direction. But Modern Warfare 2 is off of COD4 so...

HelpDeskHustler
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Activision didn't want to pay Infinity Ward to make it anymore. Activision is known to send people in and figure out what "formula" they can use to pump out the game, whereas Infinity Ward is a real developer. Activision had a copy-paste studio come in and make CoD3, which pissed of Infinity Ward. They settled a lawsuit by agreeing that every other year would be eachother's turn. Activision still withholds rights to use CoD engine from IW, which is how they copied and pasted CoD4 and then reskinned it.

Activision did the same thing for Guitar Hero when Harmonix "abandoned" it for what they as a smart developer felt was the real next step in the series. It's much harder to tell that Guitar Hero's are just copy/pastes, because of the new songs. Instead of selling an enormous amount of song packs like Harmonix, and saving the consumer money, Activision's developer just makes one every couple months, so that the customer has to buy the whole game for maybe just one song. This is why I don't play Guitar Hero. It's a shameless ripoff of Harmonix's REAL intellectual property, and it's being used to issue the "Madden Effect" (where consumers are forced to keep consuming in order to keep up) on customers rather than just providing a good game and supporting it for a long time.

PWNDuAgain
07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Call of Duty sucks. It is so overplayed and infested with kiddies.

I'm waiting for Halo 4.

battlechaser
07-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Call of Duty sucks. It is so overplayed and infested with kiddies.

I'm waiting for Halo 4.

CoD is overplayed... and Halo is not..?

I'm seeing a trend here...

PWNDuAgain
07-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Gee, I dunno.

This is basically Call of Duty 6 and Halo is only on 3 right now.

Way more playing.

battlechaser
07-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Gee, I dunno.

This is basically Call of Duty 6 and Halo is only on 3 right now.

Way more playing.

They have a niche and develop their games as such, it'd be suicide for a developer to drop their best line when it still sells.

PWNDuAgain
07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
And it's for that reason that video games suck.

bigred76
07-29-2009, 11:49 AM
You're going to be waiting a looooooooooong time for "Halo 4" since Halo 3 was the last of the series they're making. Recon (ODST) is the same storyline, but prior to the story of Halo3. Same with Halo Wars.

marvin-martian
07-29-2009, 11:59 AM
***** is a troll. ignore him

Ace24
07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
You're going to be waiting a looooooooooong time for "Halo 4" since Halo 3 was the last of the series they're making. Recon (ODST) is the same storyline, but prior to the story of Halo3. Same with Halo Wars.

They're also making Halo: Reach. Thus is the prolouge of Halo. Shows how the Spartains got killed off.

Bungie is overdoing Halo. It will soon die from lack of interest. The only people who play Halo now are little kids and the Brits. I don't know about you, but I dislike shooting an entire clip into someone, then having to melee them to kill them.

Infinity Ward is going a whole different direction than the "Call of Duty" line. They broke off the trend of WW2 and are targeting a new direction. Thus, they will not die. Halo is a repeat of the exact same thing over and over again. The only differences are small, as in new weapons and such. ODST will be slightly different, seeing as you're not God and you are a normal human being. But besides that fact and the added stealth element, there is no difference. I will most likely buy it, purely because I like the Halo story line. But I refuse to play halo online. I would much rather play Modern Warfare or Red Faction: Guerrilla.
Actually, I would much rather play one of the originators of FPS like Doom or Quake. Even UT is better then Halo. At least in that game, a head-shot blows off the ****ing head and is a instant kill. Not to mention a rocket actually kills someone.

/rant.

DFSniper
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
know whats funny, ted? i have friends who play CS and Halo religiously, but they wont play UT or Quake with us because its "too fast paced" which makes me lol.

Ace24
07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
****in noobs. Stupid new gen gamers can't appreciate the skill of the veterans. I grew up with Quake, Doom, and UT. It's sad that I haven't invested money into Q4, UT3 and Doom3 yet. I have them sitting on my floor for my comp, but I need a better graphics card first.

Which leads me to a soon to be posted thread about my new computer that I just picked up for $679.99.

DFSniper
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
nice. one of the best rounds ive played was UT2k4 on Hanger 17 with instagib rockets and 3x speed!

definitely pick up UT3. its only $20 now.

marvin-martian
07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
half-life 1 will always be the best FPS in my heart.

VS2 King
07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Im going to have to say the original Day Of Defeat is the best FPS ever to be made.

RSX99
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Tribes will always be my favorite for team based shooters.

twiztidjuggalo
07-29-2009, 01:56 PM
im a big fan of 007 golden eye for the n64. that game still amazes me

DFSniper
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
meh, i paid almost $20 for it, and then i went home and realized how terrible the graphics and controls are.

RSX99
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
The graphics were good for the time. That game was amazing.

DFSniper
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
yeah, it was fun when it was new, but now its just like "whaa???"

PWNDuAgain
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
You guys are nerds.

durrell
07-29-2009, 04:52 PM
You guys are nerds.

:rolleyes:

XSiv Force
07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
for the 64 it had to be Perfect Dark
for the Xbox it has to be Halo 2
For the 360 it has to be..Halo 3....that might cause some debate

Ace24
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Like I said. Silly new generation gamers.

I bet none of you even know what Urban Terror is. It is what started Valve on it's path towards CS. Oh and guess what, it was by Id... the makers of Doom and Quake. Just that Valve decided to make their mod into a separate game and built a whole new engine for it. That's the only reason they were successful with it. ID just let it's users make maps and stuff and had it as a free mod and concentrated on their Quake engine.

You all do realize that Gears of War is built off the original UT engine right? It's just a 3rd person UT3.

timmyshoota
07-30-2009, 07:10 PM
for the 64 it had to be Perfect Dark
for the Xbox it has to be Halo 2
For the 360 it has to be..Halo 3....that might cause some debate

Dumb. Halo is garbage.

bigred76
07-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Halo2 was absolutely dumb. The original was what made the XBox what it is today. Halo3 is borderline, I loved the story-line, but the multiplayer was the stupidest thing I've ever played. COD is a much better online experience, even COD5.

timmyshoota
07-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Halo2 was absolutely dumb. The original was what made the XBox what it is today. Halo3 is borderline, I loved the story-line, but the multiplayer was the stupidest thing I've ever played. COD is a much better online experience, even COD5.

:up: Halo2 was terrible unless you were great at cheating. Halo 3 was fun until better games came out.

Muddytaco
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Dumb. Halo is garbage.

Agreed. I think halo is most overrated POS to ever hit the market.

DFSniper
07-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Agreed. I think halo is most overrated POS to ever hit the market.

i third that.

marvin-martian
07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
wow. im glad everyone here hates halo as much as i do...

interceptorMR2
07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
IMO Halo's story= great, creative and what not, they still have a ton to work with, but gameplay got boring quick, which is stupid for such a cool story line. The gameplay made it into just another mindless shooter.
Definitely overrated on a huge scale.

DFSniper
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
h3 pissed me off because instead of going through a map once and being done, you ran back and forth 3-4 times and the enemies somehow magically respawned.

Ace24
07-31-2009, 08:49 PM
h3 pissed me off because instead of going through a map once and being done, you ran back and forth 3-4 times and the enemies somehow magically respawned.

Dead Space incorporated that into the story line a lot better then Halo 3 did. You did go back and fourth, but at least in Dead Space it was sensible. You're on a ship... confined to specific areas. In Halo 3, you're on a planet... You'd think there would be a crack somewhere that you could go to get out of the same path you previously took.

Modern Warfare had such a great storyline. I seriously felt like I was playing through a movie. It left me wanting more in the end and if Modern Warfare 2 can do the same thing, I will be very pleased.

HelpDeskHustler
07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
<3 ghilles in the mist.

and QQ halo 3 was mean to me. bawwwwwwwww

Halo was a good game, people over play it, but classic team slayer is still the bomb.

RSX99
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
The halo series is one of the best I've played. Hate all you want but you're the minority.

HelpDeskHustler
08-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm still going to play ODST, because its a fun game, and the story, although not expertly executed, is deep and is good.

RSX99
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm stoked for ODST. The story seems to be on par with the rest of the Halo trilogy. It will be refreshing to fight without dual wielding bullet hoses.

Ace24
08-02-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm stoked for ODST. The story seems to be on par with the rest of the Halo trilogy. It will be refreshing to fight without dual wielding bullet hoses.

That's probably one of the only reasons I will pick up Halo: Obital Drop Shock Trooper. It's more "realistic."

HelpDeskHustler
08-02-2009, 11:21 PM
If you want realistic, play with all skulls -black eye and blind. That's how pros play. It took my friend and I close to 2 hours to beat the first level.

Ace24
08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
No, I don't care about the story mode realism. I care about the online multiplayer realism. I hate having little 3 year old's kill me because they run around with sniper rifles and shoot 4 bullets towards your head and kill you when you just shot an entire clip into them, but they won't let you "wack" them.

I'll stick with games that actually do life damage. Everyone is like "Oh play another mode." Well guess what? Even the other modes aren't enough to keep me playing the game. The rooms are retarded for one. Lets join a game and then not have a map cycle but have to leave the game and find a new one every time you want to play a new round. Red Faction: Guerrilla does that too, but at least Red Faction's gameplay is worth coming back to.

HelpDeskHustler
08-03-2009, 11:27 AM
then don't play shotty snipes. Ive seen the worst people win at shotty snipes. classic team slayer is the only fair mode.

BTW, the only mode to play is my zombies mode.

RSX99
08-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Team Slayer ftmfw!