PDA

View Full Version : rubber ring thing???

OneShotKill
07-11-2009, 07:23 PM
ok, so when i got my marker, there was this little rubber ring that would go behind the hammer, in front of the velocity adjuster thing...I'm guessing it was some sort of bolt buffer...and I seem to have lost it...anyways, do any of you have it, and where can I get a replacement?

I believe it's part 26a in the manual (http://www.doyoupaintball.com/images/manual/116792859360954.pdf)...

slim and shady
07-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Its the striker buffer. you can get one at almost any paintball pro shop or store.

OneShotKill
07-11-2009, 07:58 PM
ok...but there aren't any of them around here...know any websites that would have one that wont cost me an arm and a leg? also, i emailed spyder, but there customer service last time was worthless...

slim and shady
07-11-2009, 08:07 PM
tactical paintball but there in Canada.

Any place that sells spyders will have them, most places have a tech incase something they sell needs to be fixed, doubt it would cost more then a few bucks. Dont bother with the internet thing though just phone, you will get what you are looking for alot faster.

OneShotKill
07-11-2009, 08:46 PM
the only places i know of locally that sell pb gear are wally's, dic.k's(didn't know this forum had a language filter) sporting goods, swain sports, etc...there are a couple of fields withing like 30 miles, but I doubt they would have anything useful...I found the on ebay, but their $4 + 7 shipping...

DRAGON
07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I searched 'spyder striker buffer #27a' and there were all types of results. Doesn't anyone use search any more? -

bigred76
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Don't avoid the swear filter, OSK. We know what ****'s means. Call Spyder and ask for a replacement.

Drago, if they just called before searching, I think it would yield the same result as searching, but with a direct link to the parts department at Kingman. IMO, a hair above searching.

OneShotKill
07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
i guess i'll call kingman/spyder tomorrow, but last time I called they weren't helpful, because I didn't register it with them...

DRAGON
07-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't avoid the swear filter, OSK. We know what ****'s means. Call Spyder and ask for a replacement.

Drago, if they just called before searching, I think it would yield the same result as searching, but with a direct link to the parts department at Kingman. IMO, a hair above searching.

I was telling him Google is his friend and you're going to tell me you know a better way to find a part? Smooth shooter - :smirk:

By-da-by.......there is no direct link to the parts department at Kingman, they're not opened on Saturday when he asked the question and we have mods here to tell people when they're out of line - ;)

OneShotKill
07-13-2009, 11:02 AM
well...just got off the phone with them...that was a waste of time...would cost me $8 to get one...

oldironmudder
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
You can run without it. I have for years. If you want one bad enough Im sure I have an extra some where Ill let go for a few bucks.

PM me if you want to.

OneShotKill
07-13-2009, 07:04 PM
thats nice oldironmudder, and the tech from kingman said that you could play without one...anyways Im broke, so not gonna be able to get one...do they actually make any difference in sound or anything?

Jungsa
07-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I know it seemed to drop my velocity for some reason. I found that piece inside of my old piranah and it worked fine. glad it fit. as far as sound I didnt pay attention. maybe ask around at the field if anyone has a old spyder they dont use and see if you can get that part off them or even buy it cheap or what not.

OneShotKill
07-14-2009, 05:56 PM
screw it...next time i get some spare cash, I'll just go of to one of the hardware stores and get some rubber washers and use them...it'll be a heck of alot cheaper...

OneShotKill
08-09-2009, 04:11 PM
i think i found a cheaper fix....i was at the hardware store the other day, looked into the electrical stuff, and they had some rubber grommets...i'm pretty sure one of them would do the trick, and you get like 10 of them for a little over $2...

dynastykiller08
08-10-2009, 07:41 PM
only thing they are used for is to tune your velocity...you can get a pack of different size ones from alamo city paintball bigger= increased velocity smaller ones which i think the stock one is the smallest= lower velocity so yes it will affect velocity but yes you can play without it......goodluck hope this helps

http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html third item from the bottom...its called a velocity booster kit (different thicknesses of buffers) 4 bucks