PDA

View Full Version : indoor fields and reballs-- kinda long

davmitchell77
07-03-2009, 02:13 PM
i see more and more indoor fields are using reballs, and for good reason i guess- easier cleanup and plenty of re-use. my question is, how do the fields charge for the reballs? with paint, it's easy. you buy X number for Y dollars. use them or not, take leftovers home, whatever. who cares. with reballs, it's in the fields interest to get them back, yet some players will inevitably walk off with leftovers at the end of the day. since reballs are more expensive than field paint, how do the fields keep from a major loss? extremely high reball fees? a refundable or partially refundable reball deposit? for example, you get X reballs for Y deposit, when you return the same amount you get Z back? obviously, there is no close-by indoor field that uses reballs, otherwise i'd go ask them. there has to be a business process for this, especially considering the following:
1. indoor fields are almost exclusively speedball/hyperball/airball (hereto simply called airball) setups, due to space limitations.
2. airball fields are paint (reball) intensive. lotsa spray and pray.
3. airball fields make the owner PROFIT in the form of paint sales.

i don't see every player getting searched on the way out, but i need to know how the owners keep from losing cash by switching to reballs. if you're a field owner, please post up and gimme some insight. if you are a player who frequents a field like this, post up and tell me how it works. if you're a player like me, and have never been to a field like this, then don't post,i don't want your opinion.

thanks for the input, dav

bigred76
07-03-2009, 02:54 PM
You pay entry, and with the entry is the rental fee for the reballs. You use as much as you want all day, and make sure to not take any with you.

davmitchell77
07-03-2009, 09:22 PM
the honor system? that's a horrible way to do business

bigred76
07-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't know if it's the honor system or whatnot as I have never been to one since they are not around here, but I do know they don't allow you to take them home.

DRAGON
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Ideally this is the way it should be set up......

This is all in an isolated area between the safe zone and field:
1) Field should have a bin for filled pods supplied by the field. These should be accessible by a single file line of players onto the field.
2) Another bin is supplied for empty or partially filled pods on the way off the filed. These should be accessible by a single file line of players off the field. This way there's no reason any players should be having pods in their harnesses on the way off the field.
3) Another bin is supplied for loose balls left in hoppers.
4) There should also be a bin for loose reballs that are sporadically gathered during the course of the day. This is a staff only area where the staff fills the pods.
5) On the way off the field, all pockets are turned inside out and a staff member checks players one by one as they leave to the safe area.

buffblackbird2002
07-04-2009, 10:14 AM
a place here in Rapid City, SD uses an hourly system. down side is you have to use thier beat up tippmans because the shoot at 200fps and are afraid someone is going to come in shooting hot. anyways, its 19.95 an hour unlimited play in an warehouse set up like a multi room urban environment. all the air and reballs you need and they get thier equipment back at the end of the session. so taken reballs are very limted due to nobody having thier own equipment. thats why i was asking about how to detune my spyder so i could prove them wrong and use my own marker.