PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

vikingshadow
07-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, just thought I'd stop by and say hi. As you may or may not have noticed I haven't been on nearly as much as I used to, but lately I've managed to check the forums once or twice a week now. However, I just don't have the zeal I used to have for it. It does look like the mod squad has things well in hand.

Without getting into too much detail, my life suddenly (and I mean SUDDENLY as in I had no warning whatsoever) turned upside down in the middle of March, and to be honest it hasn't gotten much better since. Some days seem better than others, but they are rare and for the most part life pretty much sucks for me right now. It's a wonder I even made it through the rest of school, to tell you how bad it's been.

For those of you that wondered about me, thanks for your concern and yes, I'm still alive. For you new guys, welcome. You can't ask for a better place to start, and finish, a paintball career than this joint.

TheDarkShadow
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Vike! I hope things get better for ya dude

XSiv Force
07-02-2009, 08:29 PM
missed ya bud

ferret15
07-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Finish your paintball carrier? Can we get a quick run down cause now your making me think that something really really really bad happened.

anyway glad to hear your still alive and kickin'

bigred76
07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Vike, I'm sorry to hear that... I'm glad you're ok!

vikingshadow
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks everyone. Well, let's say I'm not sick or dying or anything like that, but it feels like it. Paintball no longer has any attraction to me, but this isn't about paintball, although ultimately it may have had a small (or large) part in this issue.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Even thou I don't know you, it's never fun to hear someone's life is on the down.

But if there has anything I have learned through my years of many trials and tribulations, it is that life will come back around and start going on the ups for you.

Life is like a roller coaster, sometimes the slopes are really steep, you just gotta hang on until you start moving up the slope again.

ferret15
07-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Life is like a roller coaster, .
oh wow, wierd because i was just watching the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0DJaX8FEI

vikingshadow
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Ah, the roller coaster thing. Said usually by those who haven't had to pay for the ride yet. Trust me, it's more like a ferris wheel. What goes around comes around, everything changes but stays the same.

Sorry, I'm just a bit bitter at the moment - I truly hope I start seeing the ups before to long. 4 months is a long time when it's all that's on your mind.

By the way, I may be selling off all my paintball stuff so get that second job and gather up the cash!

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Ah, the roller coaster thing. Said usually by those who haven't had to pay for the ride yet. Trust me, it's more like a ferris wheel. What goes around comes around, everything changes but stays the same.

Sorry, I'm just a bit bitter at the moment - I truly hope I start seeing the ups before to long. 4 months is a long time when it's all that's on your mind.

By the way, I may be selling off all my paintball stuff so get that second job and gather up the cash!

Ohh believe me man, my life has gone through too many ups and downs for my liking.

It will come back up, and whatever you do DONT sell your stuff. I did that once and 5 years later here I am rebuying everything and getting back into it.

power_hitter18
07-02-2009, 10:05 PM
oh wow, wierd because i was just watching the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0DJaX8FEI

:D

That is pretty funny...

shunut
07-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Been thinkin about you Vike. Don't worry about the forums at all, real life always comes first. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

irishwarrior
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Been thinkin about you Vike. Don't worry about the forums at all, real life always comes first. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

:yeahthat:

DFSniper
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Ask Tim, I was freaking out last month when you hadn't posted in forever

battlechaser
07-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Sad to hear life dealt you a sucker-punch, Vike. Just be sure to check in from time to time as you get things figured out. All the best to you and yours.

DRAGON
07-03-2009, 02:48 PM
You're amazingly resilient Vik. Chin up, always look forward - ;)

pntballer5634
07-03-2009, 02:58 PM
life is more like a hill, you start off low, make your way to a good place, then kind of plateau at 40, and start to drop at 50. if your lucky, you can stay up high for a while. it's not a strait hill though, there are bumps and ditches the whole way up and down. your just in a ditch, but you'll get out

bamf-hacker
07-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Vike you are the man and always will be. Hit me up if you need ANYTHING!!!

Paintball Freak
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
For you new guys, welcome. You can't ask for a better place to start, and finish, a paintball career than this joint.

Well said, well said... Words of wisdom indeed! :D

I did notice that you haven't been posting as much, but nice to have you back! I hope everything works out well for you... ;)

vikingshadow
07-03-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks again everybody! Today was sort of an up, then down, then up, then down day for me. Had a decent time, just sort of picking at a scab though, you know?

YOu guys are great for supporting me. I need all I can get, so thanks again!